Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 7:11:29 PM EDT
Anyone working with a Leupold CQT with a fixed front sight tower.  How is it on 1X and 3X.  It will be mounted on a M4.  I played with a similar set up at the SHOT Show but cant recall if it was with a fixed front site.  Looking for some opinions suggestions from someone with some trigger time.  Gun will be used as a one sized fits all patrol carbine CQB to 100 yards.  Also I have heard this in NV compatible any thoughts on that and how would you mount the NVG?

All thoughts, suggestions, opinions welcome.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a front sight problem but then again I have a A2 upper
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:14:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone running this set up out there.  Lurking around seems most favor the ACOG T31, I'm now leaning towards it but would like some insight form some using the Leupold. Anyone chime in hear
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have one (thinking about it too), but I've tried a similar setup.  The rifle was a carbine and used the factory Leupold mount.  At 1X, the sight tower is visible, but not in the way.  In fact, I only notice it when I make a deliberate effort to look for it.  At 2X or higher of course, the tower is not visible.

I'm seriously thinking about a Leupold for my carbine as for me it has a delightful BAC effect even at 1X which no sight other than the ACOG does.  I really like it, but I'm debating the extra cost and weight over an EOTech.

You should also check out this thread:
Leupold CQ/T
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
ARguy and FISH
Thank you for the help lots of good info
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top