Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:59:25 PM EDT
Hello all,

I have an older Comp ML XD, and was wondering the differences between the newer ML2's.  Also how much is a good used price for a ML XD in perfect shape?  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
They say the older Comp M/ML XDs were of a two piece design while the newer M2/ML2s have a one piece design. The Comp M2s (not ML2s) also have four night vision settings as opposed to the two the Ms had. There were a few common problems the Ms were reported to have. Such as brightness changes and loose knobs. If you've experienced any of these problems I've heard Aimpoint will fix it. These problems were why they redesigned the Comp M2/ML2. I have both and the M2 does seem more robust, but that is just assumed by me. Also the M2 did not come with a mount as my M did but not like anyone uses the stock mounts anyway. You can probably get about 175-200 for your M.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:03:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Vic,
The one used ML XD I looked through wasn't bright enough to be used on a sunny day even at full brightness, it was sent to Aimpoint for repair, when it came back it wasn't much brighter.  Admittedly it's the only one I've seen, but from a battery standpoint alone I'd get an M2 or ML2, it's not much more than a used ML XD.  That ML XD I looked at was offered to me for $250, even if you found one for $200, I think you should still get a new ML2 for $150 more.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a M2 with Killflash & QRP mount for 225,- because the finish
was quite beaten up.  Still a hell of a deal- they are out there!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top