Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 2:43:05 PM EDT
I just purchased a Bushmaster "Superlight with Fixed Tele-Scope". Has an A3 upper with removable handle.  Need guidance on a few points:
- Want either an Aimpoint or ECTech sight. From what I've read on this site, one of these will do what I want it to.
- What do you recommend for a "rail system"? What about mounting rings?
- May eventually put on a Surefire light, how 'bout an attachment piece?
- Is a two-stage trigger worth the investment?, over the stock trigger?
- Where is the best source for high quality magazines?

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Al at [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]

I just purchased a Bushmaster "Superlight with Fixed Tele-Scope". Has an A3 upper with removable handle. Need guidance on a few points:

First order of business is to replace the stock with a VLTOR or LMT Crane clone and add the appropriate flash hider to piss of the liberals.

- Want either an Aimpoint or ECTech sight. From what I've read on this site, one of these will do what I want it to.

Both excellent choices.  Investigate them both and see which one "looks" best to your eyes.

- What do you recommend for a "rail system"? What about mounting rings?

A rail system is not required for optics mounting.  All you need for the Aimpoint is ARMS Aimpoint mount and an ARMS 40 BUIS.  For the EOTech sight, just the ARMS 40.

- May eventually put on a Surefire light, how 'bout an attachment piece?

Can't help you on this one.

- Is a two-stage trigger worth the investment?, over the stock trigger?

Yes, go with RRA at Legal Transfers, $81.00 shipped.

- Where is the best source for high quality magazines?

Any USGI contract mag available on the EE forum.  Labelle teflon coated mags with green followers are considered perhaps the best.

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

My pleasure and welcome to the AR15 family

Regards,
Gary

Al at [email protected]

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
- First, thanks to all who responded to my plea. The rifle I bought, had a post-ban stock, you know, fixed. Figured I could change it out.
- Where would be the best source for purchasing a quality trigger and other accessories?

Overall, I like the rifle and want to improve it over time. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The gun was a post-ban. Suppose I could have waited a few days until the "Clinton Gun Ban" legislation croked, but the price was right.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top