Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 4:09:56 AM EDT
Subject says it all! What happens to the sight picture with the front sight attached? Weapon is Bushmaster M4 A3
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:21:22 AM EDT
[#1]
The EOTech will co-witness with your front sight setting directly atop of your flat-top.

As I had one mounted this way I saw no problem whatsoever with the FSB obscuring my aiming view.
Ya just don't notice it, that said alot of folks will chime in I suspect to tell ya ya need the "new" EOTech mount to move your irons lower in the window, personally this is a waste of money IMO.

For many months, until someone came up w/ the new EO mount, many of us used our EOs as I described above, no-one ever complained until the new part came, which as noted is completely un-necessary.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The EOTech will co-witness with your front sight setting directly atop of your flat-top.

As I had one mounted this way I saw no problem whatsoever with the FSB obscuring my aiming view.
Ya just don't notice it, that said alot of folks will chime in I suspect to tell ya ya need the "new" EOTech mount to move your irons lower in the window, personally this is a waste of money IMO.

For many months, until someone came up w/ the new EO mount, many of us used our EOs as I described above, no-one ever complained until the new part came, which as noted is completely un-necessary.

Mike

It may be unecessary, but it sure is nice!

The quick detach capability and the repositioning of the irons in the window have been a welcome improvement for me.  Worth every penny IMO.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I am running a 552 EOTECH on my C8SFW directly to the flattop - which it co-witnesses with my LMT BIS.

For some strnage reason I want a LaRue mount - but it is indeed unnecessary
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:54:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For some strnage reason I want a LaRue mount - but it is indeed unnecessary

You say that now - wait till you get that LaRue mount...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I had my EOTech 551 mounted directly on the flattop rails and found no issue with the front sight.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmm...I never removed mine so I can't comment on the return to zero potential.  It does stand to reason that the mount C4 mentions would remove all doubt.  Nice accessory.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I've removed my EOTech from the flattop receiver and return to zero has always been within 1MOA.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Honestly, how often do you remove your Eotech?  

The only reason I would take it off is to replace it with a better optic.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:55:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#12]
The LaRue mount is absolutely necessary if you are running M4 handguards or a SureFire M500 forend light. If not the EOTech will mounted very far back on the flat top, as it will not be able to clear the handguards if mounted forward.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What Mr. Wilson is forgetting to tell you is that HE DOES NOT own a LaRue Tactical EOTech mount! This means that he has ZERO first hand knowledge. Many people that were on the fence about whether to buy either an Aimpoint or an EOTech chose the Aimpoint simply because they said the EOTech was to low or there was NO repeat zero capability. Will the EOTech co-witness if you mount if directly onto your flattop? Yes it will. Will the LaRue EOTech mount make your EOTech better? Yes it will. It will raise your EOTech .275, which allows the 65 MOA outer circle to be FULLY visable, gives you 100% repeat zero and a mounting point for either a PVS-14 or the EOTech magnification system (when it comes out)....

C4

I just finished a carbine build using a 551, LaRue mount, and LaRue BUIS I purchased from Grant.  

I LOVE IT.

Yes, you can use the EOTech w/o the mount. It'll work fine. Before I got the mount I played around with it directly on the flattop. It worked, and the front post wasn't -usually- in the way. However, I'm VERY glad I spent the $ on the mount. Sight picture w/ the EOTech on the mount is awesome!! I haven't removed mine since I zeroed it, so only personally have the claims to rely on about it's return-to-zero mounting.

I had been wanting an EOTech for a couple years, and finally had the $ for it at the time the rev Fs came out plus the LaRue mount came out. I couldn't have started off with a better setup.

rvb
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top