Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2004 3:02:51 PM EDT
I'm getting a  LMT BUIS and a Aimpoint ML2 for my 16" LMT upper. I don't know the recomended sighting needed and hope to avoid frustration by getting your guys help.
The LMT Buis- I need to sight it in using the bigger apperture hole? And sight it in for 50 yards??

The Aimpoint should also be sighted in for 50 yards,as well?

I want to go to the range with the right figures rather then becoming frustrated and wasting ammo.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember to use the small aperture when zeroing with the IBZ.  Alot of folks seem to miss that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:22:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Remember to use the small aperture when zeroing with the IBZ.  Alot of folks seem to miss that.[/quote

Why?  Most people use the large aperature.  Zeroing with the small aperature gives a windage and elevation shift.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Remember to use the small aperture when zeroing with the IBZ.  Alot of folks seem to miss that.

Only use the small one if you have an elevation adjustable sight.

If you are using a flip up or a fixed rear sight that isn't using the XS Same Plane rear aperture  - then use the aperture you will shoot with.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#5]
XS Same Plane rear aperture???? I most be a "wet behind the ear" newb I dont grab the gun lingo yet.  Since the LMT Buis has both windage and elavation adjustment, I should use the smaller aperture?

My ex-marine buddy told me the larger aperture was used more for night use or for up close targets...or...something like that. Like I said I new to the world or ARs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
XS Same Plane rear aperture???? .

Is a rear aperture that has both sights on the same plane - the point of impact doesn't shift when you switch between the two.

With A2 aperture you do get a shift in the point of impact when you flip between the large and small apertures.  The instructions for the IBSZ cover this issue.

Since the LMT has elevation adjustment - use the small one as indicated in the instructions

My ex-marine buddy told me the larger aperture was used more for night use or for up close targets...or...something like that. Like I said I new to the world or ARs
I'm sure you mean 'former Marine'

...and he was correct.   The large aperture is great for low light or 200M and under.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only use the small one if you have an elevation adjustable sight.

If you are using a flip up or a fixed rear sight that isn't using the XS Same Plane rear aperture  - then use the aperture you will shoot with.

Oops...forgot to clarify that.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top