Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2004 4:42:43 AM EDT
I tried a search but I could not find anything. Any thoughts on this optic? Also does the flat mount come with it or not!!!
Thanks Steve
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#1]
It's huge, with little glass.....

I borrowed one and tried it on my flattop, it was a pretty nice scope, the objective was a little on the small side, or so it seemed, for quick target aquisition. I do like the circle reticle, but I dont like the dot. I just dont like dots.....It would have been better with a triangle.

the magnification was great, the glass was very clear, the dot was too big for precise shooting.

I dont think it comes with the flattop mount, it is handle mount ready.

Great glass, I would love to have one, if it was 400 dollars cheaper I would buy one.

YMMV

Pilk
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#2]
The 1.1-4x IOR is a better optic of that type imo-smaller dot, 4x over 3x, range finding, holdover hashmarks.  People love the Leupy and hate it, btw the fov on cq\t is 100 feet or more, the small objective has nothing to do with making the fov small.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#3]
In a nutshell:
Cons:
1) Too expensive (espeically when it was first released)
2) Heavy heavy & long for what it does.
3) Like looking through a straw
4) Poor battery life
5) Battery in a bad location.
6) Lens is too small (my 3x Compact ACOG seems to have better light gathering)

Good points:
1) Reticule is still there if the battery dies. (see the thread at the top of this forum on views through the different optics)
2) Nice glass
3) Now LaRue makes a decent mount for it (see the LaRue CQ/T Mount Thread ).
4) Variable magnification
5) Farily durable.

However for it's cost and limitations I can get the cheaper & lighter Compact ACOG 3x which is just as durable, much lighter, much shorter, better light gathering (IMHO),  has a better reticule and never needs batteries.  While the Compact ACOG TA50-2 doesn't have variable magnification, with it's BAC feature you effectively get the capabilities of both a 1x and 3x sight (assuming you have binocular vision).
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
1x is faster and less confusing to do bac than any magnification.  The IOR and cq/t never really need batteries either, just an extra.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Greetings C4,
Can you tell me about the Harness/Suspenders you're wearing in the pic?
I think I need something like those.

Corvette
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I looked at one today at a gun shop, i liked it, and am actually thinking real hard about going and buying it soon.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top