User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2004 12:39:56 PM EDT
Whats one worth new? used?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the boards.  

Much depends on the condition.  They are not highly thought of from the aspect of a combat optic on this board.  There are washout issues related to the projection of the dot.  The came out with an "improved" model, but I've not heard anything good about it yet.  The improved model has two fiber optic parts for gathering the light.  I would say the MOST I would pay for a model, no matter what version it was, would be in the $175 threshold.  You can easily find Aimpoints that are used for around $200-225 making the Mepro-21 a poor purchase.  HTH.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi,

I'm not trying to "thread crap" here but where can you find aimpoint's for $200 - $225 everything I see is $300-$350.  I link the idea of a aimpoint or acog, but I'm cheap $325 is about half of what it cost me to build a rifle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot of people still go by the rule that you need to spend as much on your optics as you do on your gun.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
There are people selling Aimpoint CompM's for that range.  Look around.  You ain't going to get an M2 or ML2 for that though.  And you aren't thread crapping so don't sweat it, I'm not.

ETA:  Did a search in the equip exchange and fount one that was sold WITH the mount for $200.  And one sold w/o the mount for $150.  These are used, but they would still be mucho better than an M21 IMHO.  I only went back to july.  I may be full of shit (some will most certainly agree), but I'm just looking at what is on the market.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top