Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 2:02:38 PM EDT
I recently bought a Bushmaster BAR-10 and Id like to get some back up sights for it. I was wondering if these sights are calibrated only for .223 or can they be used for .308 too? Thanks for anything you guys can pass along.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Many (even most) BU rear sights are not adjustable for range. They are what their name suggests, a BACKUP for use in the event that your main optical sight fails. Just pick one you like (I happen to use a DPMS Mangonel) and zero it for your chosen range.

If you plan on shooting with irons a lot and want to be able to adjust for range, you can either (1) ask Bushy/Armalite if they offer an AR10-specific carry handle, or (2) get a National Match rear sight and zero by number of clicks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#2]
ok cool thanks bro
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top