Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 12:56:46 PM EDT
Looking for a small 1x night vision monocular to mount behind my tri-power on my AR.  Needs to be fairly inexpensive.  Anyone seen such an animal?

Thanks,
Wes
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've looked into this off and on and the cheapest one I found that might work is a 3x.  Don't know anything about the quality or anything, that's why I'm very hesitant to take the plunge.

Yukon Multi-Task

The ATN Patriot Multipurpose is another option, although much more pricey.  Same here, no quality references and too rich for my blood.

ATN Patriot Multipurpose
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like a Gen. 2. I might settle for a Gen 1 since my shots will be 98% inside 100 yards.  I just don't really want any magnification.

Wes
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Stay away from GenI, anything less than a GenII is a waste of money, unless you wanna mount an AN/PVS2 on an M14 as a Vietnam period collection piece.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I was looking in Brigade Quartermasters last night & they
have some Gen I NVD's for around $200. I know Gen II
would be better quality, but I have a Gen I now that is good
enough for me as a civilian/hobbyist. The interesting thing is
they have listed kits to mount to head gear & a rifle mount.
They list 30 deg & 20 deg FOV models and they have a
laser designator.  Does anyone have any experience with these?

Chevy, Not trying to hi-jack. I thought you might want to
look at these as well.

Thanks,    Johnny C!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top