Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2004 8:53:51 AM EDT
Sorry for the double post, I figured that I would get a better hit in this section.

I just received my upper kit and everything was there, but when I look at the detachable carry handle,

1. the sight is dual aperature (one unmarked and the other 0-2....both aperatures are small and look like A1 style, it does not have the A2 large aperature.)

2. the elevation wheel is not marked 6/3 but instead is marked 0-20 in increments of five.

What do I have here? is this bad, good.....?  Is this NM?  Is the elevation wheel junk?  How do I use  this set-up?

Also, the front sight post is A1 style?

comments, help

tia
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a 'Match Type' elevation wheel.  Personally I think they are a better for people who don't use the standard military ammo with 20" barrel length.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:25:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the same thing!!!  Came on my Model1Sales 16" kit with detachable CH.  Thinking about calling them to see if they can swap it out... or trying to find a standard A2 for detachable CH (I hear they only go to 6/3 on detaches instead of 8/3), and tossing this (apparent) NM sight in my parts box in case I ever get the DCM-Service Rifle bug (and the requisite 20" bbl)
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I got the same thing!!!  Came on my Model1Sales 16" kit with detachable CH.  Thinking about calling them to see if they can swap it out... or trying to find a standard A2 for detachable CH (I hear they only go to 6/3 on detaches instead of 8/3), and tossing this (apparent) NM sight in my parts box in case I ever get the DCM-Service Rifle bug (and the requisite 20" bbl)

Be aware that the parts you will want to change are the elevation wheel, the aperture, and the windage screw.  The rear sight base itself is correct for your carry handle.  A NM rear sight base has the same thread pitch as the detachable carry handle bases, but are the same length as the A2 bases.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top