Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 10:45:30 AM EDT
I want to use my TA-11C on a flattop CAR with M193 ammo.  

I've run the ballistics charts and I MIGHT be able to get away with the .308 BDC out to about 300 yards for combat shooting, but I'd prefer a properly calibrated reticle.  (and maybe a switch the the red chevron instead of the donut).

The charts seem to say that I'd be a few inches high with .223 out to about 600, but never more than about 4".  For COM shots, that shouldn't result in a miss.  Especially when I don't consider .223 to be effective AT ALL past 400 yards.  (more like 250).  

Anyone tried this and had success?  I checked the pinned thread and it didn't seem to clearly answer this question--just that the two are a "bad fit."  

Anyone ever have the reticle in their ACOG changed by Trijicon?

What was the cost and turn around time?  

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to know whether it's possible to change the reticle color from red to green.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would like to know whether it's possible to change the reticle color from red to green.

Well, for the red color, they use a red fibre optic tube and for amber, the tube is amber.  I would suppose that if Trijicon made a green fibre tube, then the reticle would be green.  

But I wouldn't want a green reticle when used against a green background like trees, grass and the like.  

You want that reticle to STAND OUT.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top