Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 7:33:30 PM EDT
Just bought a 552 Rev C off the EE, and while I was trying to see if the price was right I hit my dilemma. It seems all of the current models are REv F and I could find NO into on Rev C models. I checked the EoTech website and found next to nothing. Anyone know the schedule of what was changed and when????
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't mean to pee on your cheerios, but I think there have been significant changes since the Rev C sights.

1.  Rubber buttons instead of membrane buttons (better/positive feel).

2.  Much improved battery life.

3.  I'm sure there's something else, but I'm no expert.

Still, any EOTech has got to be better than no EOTech!  Perhaps the manufacturer will be willing to perform upgrades for a small fee?

I ordered a 512 Rev. F and a LaRue mount from Grant (gandrtactical.com) last Thursday and it should be showing up any day now.  Too bad I'm flying out first thing in the morning and won't get to fondle my new toys before the weekend...  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:08:02 AM EDT
[#2]
On earlier versions of the sight, there is a small issue with moisture that "may" cause the reticle to appear a little less bright over time.  If you feel it isn't "bright enough" for you anymore, just send it back into to Eotech...  

Enjoy the sight
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#3]
All of the rev C models had SERIOUS issues with customer safety...You are in grave danger....Package the site up and send it to me immediately.

chop chop
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just bought a 552 Rev C off the EE, and while I was trying to see if the price was right I hit my dilemma. It seems all of the current models are REv F and I could find NO into on Rev C models. I checked the EoTech website and found next to nothing. Anyone know the schedule of what was changed and when????

Mostly battery life and better reticle clarity.  I think the new ver F  552 will run 1000hrs with Lithium batteries where as my ver. E 552 runs 800hrs or some such on the same batteries.  Ask Grant from G&R Tactical he'll set you straight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Don't worry about it, I have an earlier model and new F's and I see little difference.  As far as the batteries go, battery life isn't a big issue.  The buttons are different, big deal.  You got yourself a fine optik, I now have FOUR.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Word.... so $120 was a GOOD DEAL?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top