Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2004 3:24:21 PM EDT
I've seen the eotech mounted out on the forend in some pics. What are the pros/cons of this setup?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Faster sight acquisition, larger field of view. It also changes the balance of the weapon. I prefer mine all out front ...

Doc
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Placement of the optic is personal preference.  If it works for you, then go with it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy crap DoctorNo, you arent kidding about foreward balance!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
When you're rockin' and rollin' you want some good weight out on the forend. It takes all the bite out of the recoil! I can keep 30 round bursts on target at 25y with that puppy.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Is heat a problem with the eotech mounted that far forward? Can the batteries and plastic parts handle it?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Nlamb-
FWIW- my setup is almost an exact duplicate of that photo and has gone through 10 mags on F/A and no problems.
Hot to hold though without the grip though!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds good. I've been considering pushing mine a little more forward, but haven't had a chance to test the set up at all, gotta wait till the 13th. Good info, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
No heat problems here. I've rocked and rolled, left her out on a table in 100+ degree weather, never had a single problem with the eotech. Even when I can see the heat waves rolling up from under the HG it still is right there, with no loss of zero. :)

Doc
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:29:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No heat problems here. I've rocked and rolled, left her out on a table in 100+ degree weather, never had a single problem with the eotech. Even when I can see the heat waves rolling up from under the HG it still is right there, with no loss of zero. :)

Doc

No way, I heard that EOTech sights will not make it through one shooting session without breaking something or completely failing...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:48:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, YEAH.... you gotta do the Crane glass mod, and then they're super high speed. It's all about the ninja mods.

Doc
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top