Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 12:35:30 PM EDT
I hear good reviews on them, but only in there ads. Any of you guys got any first hand experience?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had a 10X version on a free floated AR15 for a couple years now, It performs flawlessly, Optics are bright & clear. For the $299 it cost me it connot be beat.

I am no amateur when it comes to riflescopes I own & use many top line scopes, I would say the S/S plays is in the $400 to $500 league, Not bad for a $300 scope.    
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
i like mine glad i got. i paid 400 for mine, it has the side parallax adjustment and its real easy to work with
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have heard nothing but good things about them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
competes with scopes half again to maybe twice the price, very good mid level optic
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Yawn....

MT
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]
10x on my Springfield M1A, no problems whatsoever. If I were in the market for another scope, I'd get another SS, no second thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Got 10x on my varminter, I bang the crap out of it, being in my truck to the range  and it holds the zero.  Elevation knob is a little tight but I have no complaints.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the 10 x 42 SS on my H&K 91 and have had no complaints.  The scope works fine.  I'm sure that there is a difference between this model and the Leupold costing about a thousand dollars more.  But for me, the SS works well.  I have owned the scope for about three years.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I have one on my .308 TR. The scope is bulletproof, and I shoot w/ some .50 shooters who alos use it. Bulletproof.

Some prefer the knobs/feel of the higher-end scopes. Life's about choices. I have also done repeatability/feel shots, cold shots, yadayada, and the scope is a jewel. I have the rear-focus/rear-parallax adjustment (nice cheat for range estimation since it's marked). Probably have about 1000 rounds throught the system.

NO COMPLAINTS.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yawn....

MT

Ya mind adding value to the commentary? IF you have one, plus or negative, please join. but your ennuie is showing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a earlier (When they were still marketed from SWFA as Tascos) 10x42M on my PSS.  It worked well, but the elevation "clicks" were really stiff and mushy (from what I've heard, they had a problem of putting too much grease in 'em.  Easily fixable, but a pain none the less).  That was my only "issue" with it.  Otherwise, it's a pretty decent entry level optic.  It's nice, but it can't compare to my LRM3.

Rich
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Very tempting if I was in the market for a fixed power scope.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Just wish they'd make a variable 3-10x or fixed 6x.  Looking for a scope better designed for urban environment.  10x is abit too much if closer ranges can occur.

Heard nothing but + comments though about SS scopes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm probably going to put one on my artistic interpretation of an SPR upper :-)
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Great. I am thinking of building a SPR type, but I want to get it all at once. Sounds like a great scope in my price range.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I had one.  

The knobs were VERY mushy, and the brass under the target caps was soft and got chewed up easily.  

It did not return to zero after spinning the knobs for elevation corrections.  

The glass was clear and the reticle was good.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I had one.  

The knobs were VERY mushy, and the brass under the target caps was soft and got chewed up easily.  

It did not return to zero after spinning the knobs for elevation corrections.  

The glass was clear and the reticle was good.  

When I first got mine I thought the same things about it, The adjustment turret set screws were loose & this made the turret not turn properly, I tightened & Loctited the adjustment turret set screws & never had a problem again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#19]
My SS has been through hell, it fell 4 ft onto concrete twice while it was attached to my SPR, I just wiped off the dirt and kept shooting. No loss in zero, however the first time the elevation knob came loose. I just had to tighten up the set screws a bit and after that no problem. I don't like the fixed power for the type of shooting I want to do with her, so I may have to buy a .308 bolt gun for her

-sc
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Just wish they'd make a variable 3-10x or fixed 6x.  Looking for a scope better designed for urban environment.  10x is abit too much if closer ranges can occur.

Heard nothing but + comments though about SS scopes.

I've heard there is something in prototype or design stages. The posts indicated a year plus out for availability.
SWFA,
Any truth to this rumor??
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#21]
A variable Tasco that holds point of impact through the power range?

Impossible!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:54:22 AM EDT
[#22]
They're fixed power.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Used to have one.
The mil-dots were correct according to a mil-dot scale computer/slide-rule and measured ranges.
During cold wether the elevation and windage clicks were almost non-existent.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top