Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2004 5:15:42 PM EDT
I just ordered a .50 Beowulf upper and I am now trying to decide on an optic for it.  I have it down to either a 4x scope, EoTech or Aimpoint.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Not an expert but I've shot a buddy's beowulf.   Its a powerfull round but its doesnt seem to have that much range.  Why not stick with Irons or an eotech?    Whatever you put on there better be able to take a beating, it has quite a kick.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Aimpoint wins, every time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#4]
What are you plan on using the rifle for?  I bought my Beowulf for hunting and outfitted a simmons 1.5 - 5 X 20 pro diamond.  It is quick when set on 1.5X for close quarters and compact.  Scope has nice eye relief also.  This scopes intended purpose was for shotgun hunters which in my opinion match the Beowulfs personality perfectly.  If you are worried about durability because is says "simmons" on it don't worry I was too.  A buddy gave me on a few years back and I mounted it on a ,450 marlin guide gun.  This puppy has some tremendous recoil with 400 gr JHP's popping out ar 2300 FPS and the scope never budged.  After using one on my guide gun i purchases one for my Beowulf.  5X seems to be just enough for knocking down precision target out to is max range also.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm looking at a Trijicon 1.25X4 for my .50 Beo, I have one on my FrankenAR and I like it MUCHO!!!

Edit:SP 8^\

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Trijicon Reflex II on an ARMS mount on my Beowulf.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for the Eotech, that's what I'm running on mine.
Tried my Aimpoint on there but always end up with the Eotech back on...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top