Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2004 5:59:22 PM EDT
.......I just have to say thanks for talking me into both!

I was a previous Eotech user, and while it is a GREAT scope, I think the big 64 MOA dot just distracted me WAY to much. My wife thought the exact opposite. So I do think it is important for people to at least TRY both before deciding that one works for them and not the other.

That being said, I find the Aimpoint SOOO much faster for me. Love the batter life, love the clarity, really just can't say enough good things about it. Anyone want to buy a used Eotech?

Now onto the Larue mount.

I did alot of reading on it, and to be honest, hated the way it looked. But figured I'd give it a fair
shake. While I had never owned an ARMS mount, I have seen and dealt with a few.

Again, I was MORE than pleasently suprised. While it isn't the prettiest or sleakest, it sure works great.

I love the height. Keeps that front sight out of the way.

LOVE the adjustable throw lever. SUPER freaken cool. I've got strong hands, but I know I can't be the ONLY person to have to pry throw levers on other mounts to get them off am I? Not very quick detach if you ask me.

I didn't even bother using the blue locktite that came with it, but it hasn't wobbled loose yet!

Anyway, I'm glad I finally decided to break down and try both the Aimpoint and the Larue mount.

Count me as converted (Aimpoint), and a fan of the Larue mount. I'll have to check into their other stuff as well.

BTW Lumpy, I'm with you on the plain jane A2 pistol grip. But did you have to go out of your way to make your rifle look SOOOO much like mine?

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool deal!

Nice tats, btw.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll give you $25.00 for that piece crap Eotech
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'll give you $25.00 for that piece crap Eotech

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]
GREAT!  we converted another one!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:54:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
GREAT!  we converted another one!

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:09:46 AM EDT
[#6]
i like the aimpoint also
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:20:22 AM EDT
[#7]
That rifle looks almost the same as mine, except mine isn't full auto and my furniture is green.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:25:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll take the EOTech.  I have an Aimpoint n my new build and like it much, but want to replace the Bushnell on my other rifle with a true EOTech.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#10]
ShamusMcOI,

Nice pics, great ink on your arms, and beautiful blaster!!!  I have been a long time Aimpoint fan and have been using them for work for the last 4 years or so....  I have also been a big fan of the KAC Offset (cantalever) Aimpoint mount.  

That being said when I saw the LaRue Aimpoint mount I liked the features but astetically I didn't like the looks of it.  So I shyed away from it, I have been waiting for a couple months for the KAC mount, canceled my order and changed over to the LaRue Aimpoint mount.  The Larue mount is extreemly rugged, much lighter than the KAC, almost half the price as the KAC, and is a quck detach style mount (which I like).....Once I got the LaRue in my hand and started using it, the "looks" quickly grew on me and I can honestly say that there is NOTHING about this mount that I don't like....I'm even considering selling my KAC cantalever (on my 2nd SWAT gun) and getting another LaRue, I've been VERY impressed with it.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#12]
You need to add the LaRue BUIS.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Jeff, do yo have any marks on your upper receiver (scratches, dents, etc) from the LaRue Aimpoint mount???

C4

I've only mounted it on the Colt M4 (LE6920) that has the LaRue 7.0 on it (taken the mount off the gun and re-mounted it approximately 25 times) and it has no scratched, dented, or harmed the upper in any way, shape or form.

But I'm sure I'll be mounting more LaRue Aimpoint mounts on other guns.  I've been running 3 LaRue ACOG mount (dual throw levers) on 3 of my ARs (both Colt and Bushmaster) for over 3 months and haven't had any problem with the ACOG mounts marking up my receivers either.....

But then again, when I go to work and go play the rest of the gun is going to get marked up so in my case it wouldn't matter, but in short no problems from the LaRue mounts.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad to see you on the Aimpoint side.  I recently moved mine back to my M4 with a new LaRue mount.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#16]
"Do you find yourself aquiring the target faster than with your EOTech"82ndABN

Yup. That really is what made me go with it, after trying both. That big circle just made things more blurry and more confusing when making quick transitions.

Again, I STRONGLY suggest you try both if you can, as it does seem to vary person to person.

"Glad to see you on the Aimpoint side. I recently moved mine back to my M4 with a new LaRue mount" HKocher

That Aimpoint sitting up to high for you on the MP5? Hope you can make it to a shoot again sometime man. No need to be a stranger!

"GREAT! we converted another one!"

LOL! Yep, part of the dreaded Aimpoint crew now I guess huh?

But hey, I did at least try BOTH first!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Welcome Brother Shamus

What is that?  Some kind of Irish monk?  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe a LaRue tattoo?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Does that co witness ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
That Aimpoint sitting up to high for you on the MP5? Hope you can make it to a shoot again sometime man. No need to be a stranger!

Actually, I have always felt that the irons on the MP5 sit way too low, so the Aimpoint on the ARMS 22M68 worked really well for me.  BUT, I recently shuffled things around a bit so I felt the Aimpoint would best suit me back on my M4.

I plan on making the Sept. shoot.  My weekends have gotten much busier since I got engaged, but I'll try making more of the shoots from now on.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top