Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 5:07:34 PM EDT
I've heard that BUIS on TA01NSN wasn't worth shit.

I have TA01NSN, coming on my way, and I am curious to know how useful are the back up sights on one of these things were.

The distance between front and rear sight of TA01NSN, is that of a compact pistol. Since I can shoot 2" at 25 yards with such pistol as HK P7M8, does this mean I can realiably hit man size target at 25-50 yards with ACOG BUIS?

I'd try out, but I don't get my ACOG till Thursday.

P.S. Was $750 shipped for a NIB ACOGTA01 a good price?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Worthless. You are better off, by far, point shooting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Worthless. You are better off, by far, point shooting.

It couldn't be that bad. Is it because they are not adjustable and does not shoot POA?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
backup sights were designed for area shooting. not precision fire. they were for "up close and personal" engagements.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
backup sights were designed for area shooting. not precision fire. they were for "up close and personal" engagements.

Volder.

If you have not had the "pleasure" of trying the back-up irons on a TA01NSN, you are missing out on an adventure.....

The rear iron is up high whilst the front blade is set low....so, you would literally have to super-elevate the rifle to get the sights lined up. Plus, the front blade tritium dot is off to one side. This set up is good for ranges under five meters, or so . I dumped mine and put the Docter Red Dot on top......
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Not very!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]
worthless is a kind description.  Because it costs money (cost is passed down to the buyers) to add to the TA01NSN, AND they suck, they're worse than worthless.  I think you'd do better just point the rifle at something, that way you might hit it, versus if you actually try to use the iron sights on the ACOG, then you'd definitely miss

You have to drift the front sight to the left before windage is right, and since the elevation is fixed, you'll be shooting too high (unless you're trying to use it to shoot a target 600yds away).
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#8]
What Duffy is trying to say.....Is rid that diseased rear sight and put a Doc Optics in it's place!!

Vic
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top