Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 12:32:38 PM EDT
Which one is more user friendly and do you use frt and rear sight with these Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Eotech.  Mount it flat top with the back up iron sight (BUIS) of your choice.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:42:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, the EoTech is a far superior piece of equipment.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The EOTech is well worth the additional money.  If you're on a budget, you may also want to consider the Bushnell Holosight.  It's the same as the EOTech with a different reticle and no aluminum shield.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah, the EoTech is a far superior piece of equipment.

Ditto on that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#5]
While I would agree that the Eotech is the superior optic, don't count the OKO out for abudget-minded optic.  I had one mounted directly to the flattop and it worked fine.  It got banged around, I had it out in the snow where it got pretty wet, etc.  Little bugger just kept on going
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#6]
To answer your second question, you do not have to use the iron sights with either of the optics in question.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Which one is more user friendly and do you use frt and rear sight with these Thanks

I'm an Aimpoint guy. I have tried the ECO Thingy. But prefer Aimpoints. But between the OKO & EO Thingy, the ECOTech all the way. And I always practice with my BUIS, you never know when even the best will fail.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]
 The OKO is much lighter, has excellent battery life(up to 1500 hrs lowest setting which you won't be using), and can be found sometimes for $150.  I say they are both "friendly".  New F series EO's have battery life of  500 or so hours medium setting, some better than the OKO I think, for similar brightness level.
 The EO is built for more rugged use, but you can get a metal cage to go over the OKO.
 The OKO has a  4 moa dot and the EO has a 1 moa dot with 65 moa circle.  Decisions decisions....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I was in trying to make the same decision just a few days ago. I thougt I would go with the OKO because it has a good reputation, and the price, but upon investigating the pricehere is what I found.

OKO - $220
Protective cover, that also raises the OKO up for a cowitness in the bottom third - $90

Total package - $320

Eotech with the LaRue mount that also raises it up for a cowitness in the bottom third - $399 (from one of the dealers here)

So it all comes down to an $80 difference, I ordered the Eotech.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was in trying to make the same decision just a few days ago. I thougt I would go with the OKO because it has a good reputation, and the price, but upon investigating the pricehere is what I found.

OKO - $220
Protective cover, that also raises the OKO up for a cowitness in the bottom third - $90

Total package - $320

Eotech with the LaRue mount that also raises it up for a cowitness in the bottom third - $399 (from one of the dealers here)

So it all comes down to an $80 difference, I ordered the Eotech.

You made the choice that suits you best, but those prices are very high. I know that those are pretty close to the retail list prices on the OKO web site, but they can be had much cheaper. Brownells has the sight for $199 and the SC4 protective cover for $45.

I bought the OKO because it works better for me. The OKO with protective cover should be as tough as the Eotech, which is also essentialy a polymer sight with a metal roll cage.

The OKO is also much lighter. The sight will be mounted on the fore end and, a few ounces makes a bigger difference when it is on the front of the gun.

I also prefer the more Aimpoint-like dot of the OKO and I have never cared for the Eotech's reticle.

edited to add:

DAMN, THAT WAS MY 2000th POST!!!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top