Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 3:06:55 PM EDT
I'm awaiting delivery on the RRA flat top that will be the starting point for my Feinstein commerative EBR. Planning on topping it with an aimpoint and BUIS. Can I mount these with a 30 buck riser, or do I need something fancier?

TIA,
tt
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What kind of riser are you talking about?

$30 isnt going to get you a quality mount

Think LaRue, PRI, Knights, ARMS.

My current AR is pretty functional with a OKO mounted this way, guess I'm not clear on what the other mounts offer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
my friend has his mounted in that fashion with the aimpoint ring. sits almost perfect but only down fall was he cant put any buis on it and it is a heavy set up compared to any other ring offered by some of the better companies out there
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
my friend has his mounted in that fashion with the aimpoint ring. sits almost perfect but only down fall was he cant put any buis on it and it is a heavy set up compared to any other ring offered by some of the better companies out there

Hi tommytrauma,

If you have to yous IRON sight will you have to take that base off?

That's a new problem I just discovered after posting the initial question. I pulled the OKO off the riser on my existing weapon, and put the aimpoint on. Seemed to sit and function OK, but when I put my bushie flip up BUIS on behind it, I found that the BUIS sits up too high to use. I have to pull my cheek off the stock to find the peep site. What mount can I use that would allow me to use the flip up BUIS if I had to?

Pic of the non-functional BUIS setup.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
HOLY HUGE ASS PICTURE BATMAN!

Yeah, this whole pic thing is still a challenge to me, being an unfrozen caveman paramedic and all. Edited for better / smaller pic.

Would a Larue allow me to use both the red dot and the BUIS?

This is frustrating shit. I'm tempted to go back to iron sights.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
22M68 & 22M68ET will work for what you are doing this set up is $128.50.
www.csgunworks.com/product_images/3030.jpg

You could do a 22M68 and a 22M68SP $109.00.  It is the same height as the one above just not a cantilever.

I have guys that will also buy a set of 22H or 22m and split the set make the mount $54.50 for each mount.  Then the have more money for the Optic.  I get PD that do this and other groups the do this.  I have one set up like this!

www.csgunworks.com/product_images/2959.jpg

So this 22H mount sits right on the flat top with the BUIS behind it? Do you need to pull the aimpoint off to use the BUIS, or can you flip up the BUIS and use it looking right through the aimpoint?

Thanks
tt
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
heres a couple pics of mine with an #22M68 and the #38STD.
everything lines up!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top