Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2004 7:06:27 PM EDT
Has anyone else pre-orderd a tacpoint from these people? I can not get an email response or a phone answerd when I call them. I just want to check on the progress of them getting these in, Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered mine from ScopesnMore , still don't have it , but their responses have always been  prompt .  It seems the retail industry is having a problem getting a straight answer as to status or whereabouts of the expected shipment through the "official" importer. Rumored to be still sitting in customs !!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I pre-ordered two...

They are sorta a PITA to get ahold of...I had to post here about it a few weeks ago.  Then I got my reply...

Either way, they still dont have them.  I don't like the fact that they don't reply to us, but I do have faith in them as a whole.  You will get what you paid for, you just may not like how they do it...atleast thats my rationale at this point.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#3]
while i have not ordered a tac point from them, i have ordered several other products from them. If you can find it somewhere else i would definately consider doing so. They never seem to have anything they advertise in stock, and usually takes a lot longer than most places to get it in and ship it to you.

like marksmen said, their customer service leaves a bit of room for improvement, emails and posts can take days if at all for replys.

Sooner or later, seems like later most of the time, you will get what you ordered though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Every other retailer except nigthvisionweb.com is getting theirs through RSR.  And RSR doesn't have a clue when they may get them in.  I was gonna go for a Tacpoint.  RSR has taken too long.  I've decided to go with an EOTech 512 instead.  

I have been in email contact with the midwest rep for RSR.  Like I said, they have no idea when the Tacpoints will be available.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the RSR update. The order that was schedualed to be here by the end of Aug. (about right now!) just left Japan. They are expected to be in dealers hands in mid to late Sept.  They did not say what the hold up was.
(C4, don't flame me for looking into buying one, I still love the 552E I got from you last year and plan on getting the magnified optic when it comes out. Along with the LaRue EOTech mount to go with it. I just need a cheap red dot for a 9mm range gun. )(<still an EOTech guy!)
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I guess I will hold out a bit longer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I needed to order an ARMS 40 and decide to buy a Tacpoint on a lark from these guys. I ordered it 8/1. After 3 weeks of not hearing from them I emailed them. They replied your ARMS 40 is here waiting for the Tacpoint to arrive. All I could think was "no shit Sherlock". They never indicated that they were backordered. They never gave me the option of taking delivery of the ARMS 40. At that point they should have shipped it and when the Tacpoint backorder was filled shipped in NC. Not these guys. It took several days to get any response from them. I finally emailed them last week and told them to cancel my order. Did they acknowledge the cancellation? NO! If they send it any way I'm refusing delvery and reporting them to my CC company.

I ordered an Eotech from Grant and had it in my hands 3 days later. I will not be looking back.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
GandRTactical is great. Grant is a stand up guy. (too bad he doesn't like the Tacpoint. you would not see any of this BS with him!)
I would not hesitate to buy from Grant again. And, like my post above said, I will!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top