Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2004 5:51:49 PM EDT
My Aimpoint ML2 is acting funny. There is lighted line running through the sight picture, at 7:00 to 2:00.
The scope doesnt appear to be broken. The line seems to be between the the 2 lenses, and is refracting light.

Whats up with the Aim Point?? It just started doing this. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I get that too if I have it turned up too high.  But I wear contacts and I have astigmatism, so that is the culprit for me.  When my wife looks through, she sees a perfect dot.  Damn eyeballs....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I just cleaned the crap out of it and it would appear that the problem has gone away. I may have been some ambient light jumping around. Weird!!

I'm a little gunshy when a scope starts acting funny. I have a real bad record for any scope to hold up for me.

Thanks for your response, Scollins...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen the same thing occasionally under certain light conditions.  It's usually when you have bright light behind the shooter.

Mike.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:09:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just cleaned the crap out of it

FYI, hope that was with a Lens Pen like those made by Leupold and NOT a paper towel.

Never use a wood product (ie..paper-towel) to clean your optics or any kind of windex product as some optic coatings don't react well and can be ruined.

The only thing that touches my optics glass is a Leupold lens pen.

Just a helpful tip, ya probably aready know....

Mike
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just cleaned the crap out of it

FYI, hope that was with a Lens Pen like those made by Leupold and NOT a paper towel.

Never use a wood product (ie..paper-towel) to clean your optics or any kind of windex product as some optic coatings don't react well and can be ruined.

The only thing that touches my optics glass is a Leupold lens pen.

Just a helpful tip, ya probably aready know....

Mike

Negative on the lenspen. I use compressed air and individual Zeiss wipes.

A lenspen's brush may be OK, the "pen" part is VERY bad mojo on scope coatings and lens!!

There must have been some light behind me somewhere, as the previous poster ascertained. It was kinda weird.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top