Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 10:45:33 AM EDT
    I recently purchased an Armalite .223 carbine & I am in a quandry as to what type & brand of scope I should consider putting on this rifle.

I am not going to be using the rifle for combat (unless things really go south), so hopefully, all I will be using it for is plinking & maybe to shoot a few close range groundhogs now & then (and personal protection, if need be).

If I get one of the red dot or similar scopes, will I be able to get a good enough picture of a groundhog at say 25 to 50 yards to get a decent shot at him ?  Also, I looked at a similiar rifle at a gun show this weekend that had open/pip sites & I don't think that would be an option for me.

Or should I consider a good quality 2 x 7 power hunting type optical scope ?

Please, give me brands & specific model numbers of each type that you think I should consider.

Thanks.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top