Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2004 7:42:57 AM EDT
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but does anyone know where i can get a mount that will
work with a Surefire G2 light?  I would like to mount one to my handguard rail.  The Surefire site says the G2 has a 1.25" dia.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but does anyone know where i can get a mount that will
work with a Surefire G2 light?  I would like to mount one to my handguard rail.  The Surefire site says the G2 has a 1.25" dia.

That's the diameter of the biezel.  A 1" scope ring will work as long as it's not too thin.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Woody, for future reference... Lights and Lasers Forum
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Go to WalMart, they sell a pack of two 1" Weaver rings for about $12, you also get two sections of Weaver base to use for future DIY projects.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
try the 1st samco mount.  

not as cheap as a 1" ring but you can take it on and off easilly, etc.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I was lookin at the 1st Samco model, but wasn't sure if it would work with the G2.  Didn't think of using an inexpensive scope ring.  
thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been using the First Samco mount with my G2 for a few months now.  It works quite well.  Real tight at first on the rail of my SIR.  I got the mount, along with a tape switch (aftermarket and much less expensive) and a shock isolated bezel from BrightFlashlights on the Industry Forum.  Great prices and fast service!

-Hershey
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#7]
what tape switch did you get?

I have one of the long pig-tails and I was looking for a short straight one instead.   How cheap was it?

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
try the 1st samco mount.  

www.firstsamco.com/catalog/images/products/4/3e68220eb8d07.jpg

The FS unit works great. I don't like the plastic rails or their fore ends but the light and bipod mounts are light, quick, and sturdy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
what tape switch did you get?

I have one of the long pig-tails and I was looking for a short straight one instead.   How cheap was it?

IM brightflashlights in the EE. He has a quality unit for around $25 and provides great customer service.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
try the 1st samco mount.  

www.firstsamco.com/catalog/images/products/4/3e68220eb8d07.jpg

The PRI mount is far better IMHO, better execution of the same concept.  It's based is designed to work on standard rails (the Fobus is too tight 50% of the time) and it has a better clamping feature (I've had slippage issues with the Fobus).
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I got the straight tape switch.  It works very well.  Cost was $25.  Definately check BrightFlashlights out!

-Hershey
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top