Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 10:17:34 PM EDT
Do you own one? How do you like it? Does it repeat zero? Is it heavy? Where did you get it & how much did you pay?

C'mon... I just got my Dissy upper back from Denny (of "Denny's Guns" fame) & it is begging for an Aimpoint. I just can't decide which mount to get?  I already have an ARMS #22M68 for my other carbine & I'm looking to do something different.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:38:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#2]
LaRue - definately get the LaRue.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:43:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed, you just can't beat the LaRue all the way around.  What impressed me the most was the QD and return to zero.  The thing is beautifully engineered.  Simple but astonishingly well built.  What totally sold me was taking my carbine to the range, getting zeroed, then flipping the LaRue mount off the gun, zeroing with my EOTech, and then putting the LaRue back on and having my shots hit dead on, no adjustments whatsoever.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys, but I'm just not sold on the LaRue mounts.

As long as his stuff is built with that exposed nut design I'm going to have to take a pass.

Maybe I'll just go with another ARMS mount?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#6]

So if it is good enough for them in combat, I think it will survive whatever you can dish out!

True enough. I guess we can chalk it up to personal preference then.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had a few PRIs, and they're probably the best non-QD mount on the market. I dig it.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top