Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 6:20:30 PM EDT
If I get the low profile mount for a Trijicon Reflex Sight and mount it to the RRA Tactical Carry Handle will it be co-witnessed or will it be to high?

If it is to high what is the RRA Tactical Carry Handle good for?  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the Trijicon Reflex, but the RRA Tactical Carry Handle is supposedly suited for the Aimpoint.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The RRA handle only works with the Aimpoint and the stock (not very good at all) low mount ring. This is assuming a co-witnes is important to you.

Here's what I did to mine:

I cut it so long because I liked the spare battery holder and i only mount the Aimpoint, so I don't need any more rail showing.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Xero,
You don't happen to have a pic of that rifle from the side do you?

I've got the RRA handle and I was going to cut it down just in front of the mounting clamp but that looks like a great idea.  Did you run into any problems like not having enough rail left to mount the Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a side view.

I had to file off the first couple of pict rails to clear the tube. I also have the arms mounted a little forward off the front of the receiver because I like it a bit further out, but been to poor and lazy to buy the cantilever ARMS spacer. I'll get around to it one day, but it works fine as is so the incentive is lacking.

I'll probably reshape the front a little (make it more square) and remove the rest of the pict rails on the top someday.

Couple of more pics for you to see what it currently looks like:

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:25:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know if this suites your interest or not, but I can cowitness an EOTech with the same RRA part.  when I mount it over the barrel on my quadrail.  I assume the EOTech is higher on its own than the Trijicon, but perhaps w/ the higher mount instead of the low mount, would work similarly.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top