Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 6:13:55 PM EDT
Hey all,
So I'm planning on getting a RAS II.  I'm not sure if I'm going to end up with an Aimpoint or a EOTech though.  So far I'm leaning towards an Aimpoint with ARMS #22/M68 mounted on the "hump".  I assume that way it would cowitness with the irons (regular front and LMT BUIS)?  IF I go with the EOTech, is there enough space behind the "hump" if I have a LMT BUIS installed?  Is the "hump" the ideal place to put the Aimpoint?  I've heard that the EOTechs do better when mounted up front on the handguard.  If I do that will the "hump" interfere with it?

Thanks a ton
Rich
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume that way it would cowitness with the irons (regular front and LMT BUIS)?  YES

If I go with the EOTech, is there enough space behind the "hump" if I have a LMT BUIS installed? NO

Is the "hump" the ideal place to put the Aimpoint?  YES, the only place.

I've heard that the EOTechs do better when mounted up front on the handguard.  YES

If I do that will the "hump" interfere with it?  NO, not at all. Co-witness is good to go also.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to use a BUIS, your Aimpoint has to go on the hump, or in front of it.

If you want to use an EOTech, it has to go out over the handguards.

On a personal note:  I tried the RASII for several thousand rounds.  Didn't care for it.  Wouldn't buy another.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]
What in particular did you not like about the RAS II?   I'm going to go for a 14.5" M4 with a permanently attached Phantom.  What are my other choices in a high quality rail?  This is going to be my first "rail" gun, so please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks again
R
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks,
Is the LaRue Aimpoint mount any higher or lower than the ARMS #22M68?  Also, what are some other alternatives to the RAS II that I can install without having to remove the FSB and FS?

Thanks
Rich
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I just didn't like having that bridge there.  I wanted a Aimpoint on my carbine rail with a BUIS behind it.  Can't do that with the RASII.  

If you want a FF rail, but can't/don't remove a FS and FSB, look at the Troy MRF-C

BTW, the LaRue mount is the only way to fly, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the RAS II with aimpoint on the hump, I actually love the setup. It sits just right for me, with folding rear sight, nightvision fits right in there. Easy to install and very solid.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
if your a die-hard eotech fan... there are better options than rasII... if you like aimpoint and acog... your going to love rasII

i have it with an aimpoint and love it to death
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
if your a die-hard eotech fan... there are better options than rasII... if you like aimpoint and acog... your going to love rasII

Ditto.

ACOG or AIMPOINT = RAS II
EOTECH = never would buy one so who cares.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto.

ACOG or AIMPOINT = RAS II
EOTECH = never would buy one so who cares.

amen
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok,
This one's for the guys who don't like the RAS II.  Is the hump the reason you don't like it?  Is it a durability issue?  Quality of product?  Please forgive me as this will be my first "rail", but what are the differences, other than the hump, between the various models that I don't have to remove the FS and FSB?  They all kinda look the same to me?
Thanks so much again
Rich
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top