Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2004 5:29:35 PM EDT
Does anybody know if there is an acog with BAC like a ta31 with the back-up iron sights like those found on the tao1nsn? Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anybody know if there is an acog with BAC like a ta31 with the back-up iron sights like those found on the tao1nsn? Thank you.

No such animal
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, didnt think so, thanks for the reply. So another question, How well does the BAC work for close in, fast moving targets???
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I would love to try a BAC, but no one I know has one, friend or dealer, And I would hate to throw down the cash because i have heard that some people cant get used to it. Maybe someone will have one at the knob creek fall shoot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I for one can not make BAC (as NewARguy describes it) work very well in close.  I immediately switch over to the magnified view then it is about like any other 4x optic in close.  The  reticle is faster to pick up however.  What I have started doing when shooting inside of 35yards is to cover the objective lense and use the scope as an occluded eye sight.  This works very well.  The doughnut is huge and bright.  The only problem is that it does not work well out past about 35 yards because the point of aim is off big time.  So when going from near to far you have to remember to remove the lense cover.

I have both a TA31 and a TA01 nsn with a Docter on top.  I am torn between the two.  If there were  a better mount I think I'd like the nsn/docter better.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
TA31 does have back up iron sights.
They are on your rifle and visible under the ACOG base.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#6]
So how close are the backup iron sights on a NSN? They cannot be adjusted, correct?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The BUIS on the nsn are just about worthless.  You can drift the front blade for windage but ther is no elevation adjustment.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They are on your rifle and visible under the ACOG base.

That's funny but lets not confuse the new guy.  He is trying to learn.

bgcc11 is talking about using the TA31 on the carry handle and viewing the iron sights under the scope.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are on your rifle and visible under the ACOG base. hr

That's funny but lets not confuse the new guy.  He is trying to learn.he
                     Thank you. This is going on my flat-top. I have a aimpiont with a ARMS carry-handle forward mount on my other ar.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top