Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2004 7:20:42 AM EDT
Looking for recommendations on binoculars or monoculars. My cat got eaten by coyotes and it's payback time.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Best buy in night vision under $300?

No such thing. Seriously, Generation 1 is total junk. I bought a Generation 1 weapon-mounted night vision scope back in 1996 from Cabelas, and returned it a couple of days later for a full refund. It was grainy as hell. Not to mention that the zero would wander all over the place.

I'd choose Generation 2 at the minimum, and if I could afford it, a Generation 3 or 4.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've always said I would rather have a great flashlight than crappy night vision.

That's funny, but I agree. Get a red lens and the yotes won't see the light.
(i was going to suggest squinting, but the light is a much better idea)
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've always said I would rather have a great flashlight than crappy night vision.

I was going to say something similar when I saw the title of this thread.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top