Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2004 3:12:09 PM EDT
Now that I have had just about all of my gun shop's and their mother's opinions re: co-witnessing I figured I come to the pros!
Can someone tell me what I need?

I have a Aimpoint CompMLXD that I want to mount on my flattop AR and still be able to cowitness my flip up sights if need be.

I want to examine all options other than just the ARMs stuff.  
Can I use Aimpoint's return to zero mount with a spacer?
Has anyone used SOG Armory triple wide ring and does this place it high enough?
I know that everyone likes the ARMs products but I wanted to check them all out.
Thanks again.
c
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure of the MLXD diameter, but if it's an Aimpoint, and you wanna co-witness my first thought these days is LaRue.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on how you want to cowitness and what kind of gear you have. Cowitness in lower 1/3 of optic or center of optic? Do you have a A3 upper? Do you have a RASII? Mount optic on hump or on upper? Tell us what you have and how you want to cowitness and people can start chiming in with specific configs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The only way to fly...the LaRue mount.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Depends on how you want to cowitness and what kind of gear you have. Cowitness in lower 1/3 of optic or center of optic? Do you have a A3 upper? Do you have a RASII? Mount optic on hump or on upper? Tell us what you have and how you want to cowitness and people can start chiming in with specific configs.

RRA A3 flat top and I want to be able to cowitness in lower 1/3 of optic.
I want to mount the Aimpoint on the upper or maybe a little over the hand guards... what do you guys recommend?
c
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Tagged - getting near-sighted so I want to listen in too.

I currently have the Aimpoint QPR with a spacer and the irons &  red-dot co-witness in the center of the tube.  I don't like so many individual pieces in the mount though and thinking seriously about changing.  Not sure if I want the LaRue or a cantilever like the PRI GG&G or KAC but fewer parts to work lose seems smart to me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I want to mount the Aimpoint on the upper or maybe a little over the hand guards... what do you guys recommend?
c

I have an RRA tactical handle with a x-wide mount.  I originally had a GG&G mount, but it was too high to co-witness.  I don't remember who made the x-wide mount.  I picked it up at a gun show.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

c

I have an RRA tactical handle with a x-wide mount.  I originally had a GG&G mount, but it was too high to co-witness.  I don't remember who made the x-wide mount.  I picked it up at a gun show.

SOG armory maybe???
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Your only option should be LaRue Tactical.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe...  I let a friend borrow my aimpoint so he can decide on that or an eotech.  If you can post it for me, I can send a pic of how it looks like.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Maybe...  I let a friend borrow my aimpoint so he can decide on that or an eotech.  If you can post it for me, I can send a pic of how it looks like.

Here's your pic hman710.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks azmotorsports.  At least it gives you an idea of your options to look at.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:40:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I used the ARMS #22 throw lever and the spacer (spacer is typically advertised with the #22) to achieve co-witness.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Mods:  Considering this is such a popular question, and that the search function is a bit weird at times, perhaps a tack is in order?

-Redfoot
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw these at Arizona Tactical for Aimpoints.  Has anyone ever used their products and will I be able to CoWit my irons with it?  I've also attached their website too.

SOG Armory

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top