Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2004 12:33:51 PM EDT
I an considering the Leica Rangefinder Geovid BRF 10x42 Binoculars, any comments or has anyone had their hands on a pair.  I have not even been able to find a review.

Any help appreciated, Robert
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used the new "consumer" BRF, but it sounds interesting. I have used the original military Geovid that also has the compass. It's Heavy. Big. and Slow. Each reading takes several seconds. You can range a very long way with them, but to do so with any accuracy requires that you have them on a tripod or rest. The "consumer" model actually seems better, like they took their Rangemaster 1200 and put it in a bino. I have the 1200 and love it, so I suppose that's a good data point.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I've got the new 10x42 Ultravids (binos only) and a LRF 1200.  If they could stick the LRF1200 in the Ultravids, it would be awesome.  The Ultravids have excellent field of view, whereas I'm searching for the targets with my 7x LRF.

I have not yet laid hands on the New Geovids.

-z
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
".........If they could stick the LRF1200 in the Ultravids, it would be awesome........."-z

My thoughts exactly
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The new Geovid is nothing like the old Geovid or the Vector.  The new Geovid is still not available yet but will be next month.  It ranges easily and quickly every time.  Much smaller and lighter than the original.
www.leica-camera.com/imperia/md/images/leica/produkte/fernoptik/geovid/18_392x300.jpg

www.riflescopes.com/departments/47/range_finders/leica.htm

This years production will most likely go to dealers that placed orders for them last year.  If you want one it would be a good idea to get on our back order list by ordering one on line asap.

IM sent.......
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top