Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2004 5:38:17 PM EDT
who have that the 30mm cantilever on sale,not talking about the GG&G,LaRue or Arms,don't want to spend $150+.I saw before someones in the $60,for airsoft paintball co.Any help be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

it SOOOOO FUNNY and COOL to be an A HOLE!
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay, I'm gonna be nice and help you out:

www.veriforcetactical.com/

Just remember it is made for airsoft and may or may not hold up well.  If it doesn't and you have to get another, then you will have spent about as much as a real mount would have cost anyeway.  Buy cheap, buy twice.

And I am not trying to be an A-hole, but the mods have already said that discussion or questions about airsoft gear will not be tolerated in this section of the boards.  So just be careful when askinga bout this kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 10:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#9]
i had a chance to handle alot of the cheapo 30mm cantilever mounts at the last gun show...handling them side by side to more expensive mounts such as the KAC and the World wide ordnance models...

as far as i can tell, they are all machined out of a good quality aluminum, with the same machine precision.

only noticeable difference is the finish.

just my 2 cents...but i dont see any functional difference between them...they both seem overly robust and well made.

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#11]
WTF is World Wide Ordnance?
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:35:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Im sorry to disagree with you, but a smooth finish does not indicate quality of tolerances or the quality of the aluminum its made from or the annodizing applied to it.

+1. There's just no way to accurately assess the tolerances with a naked eye. There are several tolerances in play here that are of critical importance. Just to name a few: the roundness and diameter of the ring, the concentricity of the upper part of the ring and the lower part of the ring, how well do the screws align i.e. does the upper part of the ring align perfectly with the lower part, how closely is the ring centerline parallel to the rail, etc, etc.

If there was a cheap way to manufacture top quality scope rings with tight tolerances, good finish and quality materials, somebody would be doing it and selling them like crazy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:35:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
WTF is World Wide Ordnance?

World Wide Ordnance

They make a delta ring tool and some mag loaders.  It looks like they kinda copy stuff.  I don't know if their versions of certain items are better or worse, i have never tried them nor have i ever heard anything aabout their gear.  They advertise alot in gun rags, though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#14]
The toys give the appearance of the real thing, even if it's a very good copy of the real deal, as mentioned, they are differences that escape the eye.  The real thing was designed for hard use and has to stand up to all kinds of conditions as mentioned as well, the only thing the toys copy are the looks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know what grade of aluminum the "real" mounts are usually made of?  I think the "copy" mount in question is made by Guarder, if I'm not mistaken.  On Gurader's website it says the aluminum used for this mount is 6061 alloy.  Does anyone know if that's what is used in the "real" mounts as well?  Their website says they are located in Taiwan, so one of the major corners cut to reduce cost was quite possibly employee wages.  Though, I'm sure there may have been other corners cut as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Does anyone know what grade of aluminum the "real" mounts are usually made of?  I think the "copy" mount in question is made by Guarder, if I'm not mistaken.  On Gurader's website it says the aluminum used for this mount is 6061 alloy.  

It's not just the alloy used - is the mount forged or cast?  Was it heat tempered?  Does it use the proper hard coat anodizing to the right depth?

All questions that should be asked.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not just the alloy used - is the mount forged or cast?  Was it heat tempered?  Does it use the proper hard coat anodizing to the right depth?

EXACTLY

Indeed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't you love it when folks rate QUALITY by how shinny the paint is! LOL

It’s a Optics mount.....Not a Chevy Impala.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#20]

It's not just the alloy used - is the mount forged or cast? Was it heat tempered? Does it use the proper hard coat anodizing to the right depth?

Good point, I guess the numbers really don't mean that much.  Also, like I said in the earlier post, there may be other corners cut as well, I really don't know.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY

Indeed.

Absolutely
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Don't you love it when folks rate QUALITY by how shinny the paint is! LOL

It’s a Optics mount.....Not a Chevy Impala.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
wrong board

www.toysrus.com

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:29:11 PM EDT
[#25]
you may all be correct....my assessment was only based on what i could see and feel....indeed i was not packing a caliper, nor do i know the treatment processes or the alloys.  

i would have to say however, that assuming the guarder model holds zero, it would work fine for a plinking rifle with a cheaper 30mm scope.

I agree however that if you are mounting an Aimpoint or other high quality optic, it would be appropriate to supply it with an equally qualified top quality mount.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The new issue of Dillon's Blue Press has some Adco cantilever mounts for TWENTY BUCKS.

Probably the same made in China ones that ASA uses.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top