AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 8/9/2004 2:48:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Now please if you do not own a Tacpoint please do not post in this thread, if you do I will ask the Mods to remove your post.

Err ... does this mean we have to have YOUR (original) post removed?  Hahahaha!    (Yes, I own one, so I can post here) ...

Haven't made it to the range yet.  So far (since the TP arrived), our weekends have been 100% at the marina instead of here at home ... great for the suntan and 'cocktail hour', but the pits for range time ...

I think I'm going to buy a fresh CR 1/3N, plop it in, turn it on and start the clock.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#2]
BOOM-

are you serious?  Will I actually be able to come in here and read stories about Tacpoints going down in flames without having to scroll through BS arguments?  I sure hope so.  

Why the hell did we get into such a big argument in the other thread?  I think we're looking for the same thing, I just happened to offend you before you got in on the Tacpoint people.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:14:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:47:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay, I've had one for a week or two.
So far, it is doing what it is supposed to do.
Have a few hundred rounds fired with it on, no problems.
Holding zero.
Easily repeats back to previous zeros when switching barrels in my MGI QCB upper.
I have it mounted in a GG&G cantilever mount.
Co-witnesses in the lower part of the glass.
When lining up my Matech BUIS with the front sight post, the dot sits on top of the front sight post.

Even though it comes with the 2 LR44 batteries, it is stated in the manual that it will work with the a single 1/3N type battery too.

I've noticed that when it is getting really dark out, the lowest setting is a little bit more bright than I'd like it to be, but still useable.
The brightest setting is plenty bright, no matter how bright the sunlight is.

Haven't been beating on it with any logs, or dropping it from any helicopters. No 66-foot deep dives in ocean water either. Just using it like a normal gunsight, and it is doing just what I wanted it to do. I like it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Okay, I've had one for a week or two.
So far, it is doing what it is supposed to do.
Have a few hundred rounds fired with it on, no problems.
Holding zero.
Easily repeats back to previous zeros when switching barrels in my MGI QCB upper.
I have it mounted in a GG&G cantilever mount.
Co-witnesses in the lower part of the glass.
When lining up my Matech BUIS with the front sight post, the dot sits on top of the front sight post.

Even though it comes with the 2 LR44 batteries, it is stated in the manual that it will work with the a single 1/3N type battery too.

I've noticed that when it is getting really dark out, the lowest setting is a little bit more bright than I'd like it to be, but still useable.
The brightest setting is plenty bright, no matter how bright the sunlight is.

Haven't been beating on it with any logs, or dropping it from any helicopters. No 66-foot deep dives in ocean water either. Just using it like a normal gunsight, and it is doing just what I wanted it to do. I like it.

Pop in a fresh battery and leave it on the brightest setting so we can get multiple reports on the battery life and maybe get an average.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got one and I wanted to use the mount ring that came with it.  Unfortunately it will not clamp securely to my A3 flattop.  Anyone else have any problems with the mount?
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just got one and I wanted to use the mount ring that came with it.  Unfortunately it will not clamp securely to my A3 flattop.  Anyone else have any problems with the mount?

The mount shoudl be replaced solely on the fact that the front site post will be blocking most of your field of view. Look into the aimpoint QR mounts. they run about 75 dollars

www.aimpoint.com/o.o.i.s/101
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The mount shoudl be replaced solely on the fact that the front site post will be blocking most of your field of view. Look into the aimpoint QR mounts. they run about 75 dollars

What about using a riser like YHM's?
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No problems with the mount, but I picked up an A.R.M.S. 22M68 and the full spacer (easy on/off without re-zero).
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 5:27:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I got the supplied mount working but I will probably get an ARMS mount.  Even though the mount will be almost as much as the optic I figure I'll have the ARMS to use on a (possibly) future Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about using a riser like YHM's?

From what other people have said, you still have to buy Aimpoints extra-high, X-wide mount, its 25 dollars I think. And you also hiave to buy the risers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm sorry, I don't own one . . .  yet, but I have an A3, how do I make it fit without breaking the bank?

-Nick
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Some kind of water test. Nothing dumb like dropping it in the bathtub or sink overnight but a bit more realistic like going shooting in the rain.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Some kind of water test. Nothing dumb like dropping it in the bathtub or sink overnight but a bit more realistic like going shooting in the rain.

This a good test, but I would like to know if it is submersible at all. IE: dunked for a river crossing or something like that.  I know that there was another test where it failed, but the Hakko description states "waterproof". I wonder if RSR will give me a new one if I take mine swimming in the pool? Maybe when I get mine next week, we will see...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Hello BOOM,  I got my TAC-POINT this morning from the latest shipment that RSR had in last week. Looks very good to me so far. Slammed on a cheap old rail I had on the carry handle and went out for a blast.  Does everything it should so far and the dot looks very clear, and even.  Click adjustments feel as precise as any I've used . Optics are great. We'll see in time I guess.
twl mentioned in his post a manual which I didn't get, anyone else not get a manual ?.  Also mine says  TACPOINT BLUE RING on the scope body, which I've not observed on the photos I've seen.   The box says "made in china ", can't find any markings of origin on the scope itself.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The box says "made in china "

I thought they were made in Japan?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, me too--I just e-mailed the supplier to ask about the manual and made the comment --" I thought they were made in japan.  I think I'll e-mail that guy at Hakko in japan that I recently had dialogue with and ask him the same question
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I get your point, but for just over a $100 and for punching paper It'll be ok for my use.  The reason I'm asking questions about origin to the suppliers is that the honesty in advertising has become a joke to most organisations who appear to attempt to sell by deception, relying on individuals not noticing "the small print" etc. Just one of my personal hot buttons I guess
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hello BOOM,  I got my TAC-POINT this morning from the latest shipment that RSR had in last week. Looks very good to me so far. Slammed on a cheap old rail I had on the carry handle and went out for a blast.  Does everything it should so far and the dot looks very clear, and even.  Click adjustments feel as precise as any I've used . Optics are great. We'll see in time I guess.
twl mentioned in his post a manual which I didn't get, anyone else not get a manual ?.  Also mine says  TACPOINT BLUE RING on the scope body, which I've not observed on the photos I've seen.   The box says "made in china", can't find any markings of origin on the scope itself.

C4

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Do these magnify?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#24]
My Tacpoint says "Made in Japan" on a sticker placed on the scope body itself.

Regarding the user manual, from what I've heard, the user manual I got was made up by nightvisionweb.com and is not from Hakko. Mine was not imported thru RSR apparently, and somehow nightvisionweb.com was getting them direct or something.

Mine is still going strong, and I find it to be very useful and a good purchase, so far after a month.
I've just shot with it and carried it. No torture tests here yet.

Does everything I wanted it to.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine will be shipping tommorow from TexasTactical. They were running a special over on the FALFILES for $95. Seemed too good to pass up at the time. From what I have read here...it still seems like a good deal for shooting paper and tin cans. When I go into the land of bad things...Uncle Sugar Daddy will be buying my optics!
Cheers.
KILO OUT
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I got mine from Nightvision web...came with the everything the others have..flip up covers, spare batteries and the mount. I also got a neoprene cover for free. No blue ring...I am testing it for battery life...Ive had it on at work while watching it...so far it will be 10hours on the highest setting and still appears to be just as bright as new. Im sure this will not even come close to an Aimpoints 1000 hours..but it needs to be tested I guess...I havent seen anyone else post the true numbers. Ill update when it dies...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I also got in on the Texas Tactical group buy, though I have since bought an Eotech, backing out of deals is not my style so mine is on it's way after a long wait for this new batch to come in.

These do seem to be different than the previous ones, it's been reported that the box does say "Made in China", and they look different than the previous batch.

My brother has offered to buy mine, but I'm tempted to wring the hell out of it, but I'm still thinking that it might be good for mounting on my ruger 22/45.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Welp..just an update....

26 1/2 hours so far..and still going....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Heres mine..no blue ring.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I found something interesting...at 32 hours...it is too dim to see out in bright...(read AZ sunlight) sunlight...so..I's say useable run time is around 26-28 hours if outside in sunlight. It is still going..and looks good indoors...so we will see how long til it dies totally. Then again...as previously stated..Im not going to be leaving mine on constantly and carrying 2 sets of spare batteries isnt a problem for me at least. So the Aimpoint definitely has a serious edge over the Tacpoint in this arena.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Yours looks a lot better without the goofy blue ring stuff. I have secretly wondered in fact if the blue ring stuff is meant for a different market sector . Time will tell I guess.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:36:53 AM EDT
[#33]
seems as if Hakko caved in to the serious western demand for these scopes and sub'ed out the manufacture to a chinese plant.....They were possibly made in china all along...who knows.

I owned a hakko Bed 30 that also had the blue ring markings....yet was marked as a japanese made product.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:54:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Mine had a sticker on the body itself that said made in Japan...

update..Im at 50 hours 15 minutes..its still going..but is dimmer than before...you can barely see the lowest setting at this point...it washes out in the televison. (The lowest setting)

I know this isnt factual...but I think it pertains to info gathered on this red dot.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#36]
i tryed fitting a Killflash to the tacpoint today. It doesnt work unless you wrap the kill flash with electrical tape to make it a press fit inot the front lense cap. Even then you can not close the lense cap so i just removed the hindged door from the cap and left the killflash. Im thinking about buying another one or sveing to buy the real deal. Id love to have a real aimpoint but when i comapir the price and think that one aimpoint could be four more lowers in my safe, well its hard to argue with the cost of the tacpoint......
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#37]
73 hours...still going...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#38]
106 hours and still going...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:58:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#40]
hahahaha...I doubt we will even get close.however,that is pretty close to the previous revision of the EOTech isnt it..??
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Got a reply from Hakko this morning.

>> If you have any questions, please feel  free to contact us.
> Thank you very much for your e-mail in respect of  our "Hakko Tac Points".
> The notes you presented gave Hakko a great opportunity to understand how you
> feel it important to keep your customers satisfied with the quality of
> products.
>
> We suppose you have some unfavorable experiences with Chinese manufactured
> products.
> First we wish to assure you the finalization including final inspection
> adjustment of "Hakko Tac Points" were surely executed in Japan.
>
> As widely known, many of manufacturers in various industries tend to shift
> their production point to somewhere in Asia to reduce production cost.
>
> As long as we know other Japanese optical companies like NIKON or CANON have
> also shifted their production points to overseas plant in Asia for the
> purpose of reducing the cost.
>
> For example, it is said that 80% of CANON production is made in South East
> Asia.
> And yet,CANON still continuously keeps their high quality.  Hakko has once
> supplied
> NIKON with NIKON Monarch riflescopes, however, NIKON has shifted production
> into Philippines to take advantage of low labor cost without scarifies of
> quality.
>
> Hakko also started production of those Red Dot Sights in China.
> However our very experienced Engineers and QC supervisors are always
> stationed at the plant to control Hakko quality.  "Hakko Tac Points" have
> Lifetime warranty, as well as being Water proof.  Accordingly, "Hakko Tac
> Points" are completely different in their quality from other Chinese made
> products on the market.
>
> Concerning owners manual, will you be more patient for this issue?  We are
> in a hurry to make it.
>

> Best regards,
>
> HAKKO CO.,LTD.
>
> Nozomu NAGATA
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#43]
120.....hours
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I just received my TacPoints.  The word "Hakko" is no where to be seen.

There is no manual.  There are no warranty papers.

So just how do I use my lifetime warranty should I need it?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I just received my TacPoints.  The word "Hakko" is no where to be seen.

There is no manual.  There are no warranty papers.

So just how do I use my lifetime warranty should I need it?

Just keep your receipt and take it back to where you bought it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#47]
One Hundred and Thirty-One Hours....and still going.

Edit:

Its now mounted on my rifle.I finally got my upper back from ADCO. WOOOOOOO HOOO! Pics to follow....its dark so I may wait til AM.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#48]
I've been using my Tacpoint(non Blue Ring) for a month now, and it still works just fine, and does everything I want it to. Still haven't used up my original battery. Only shoot it on weekends.

What else is there to say?
It works.

Oh yeah, I forgot, it looks just like an Aimpoint.
That must be the whole "point" of the controversy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#49]
I received mine yesterday form Texas Tactical is made in China and Texas Tactical e-mail me  and  told me,don't have any instructions or warranty papers,That the way it comes.Any one have the HAKKO e-mail address.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#50]
just got home from the range from shooting my tacpoint.  I got it sighted in at 100 yards...  although it was difficult.  with a white background target and as bright as it was today it was EXTREMELY hard to see the dot.  i shot pretty consistent center mass though and i went through about 300 rounds.

on a side note,  the fucking rear lens cover spring and holding pin came undone.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top