Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2004 9:48:42 AM EDT
I am looking to buy a riser and rings for this gun I'll need at least 1 1/2 inch to 2 inches to get a proper weld . I haven't got a scope yet but am shopping for a riser and mounts .My questions are

1. should I buy the riser with the built in rings ,the two small risers and seprate rings ,the seprate one peice riser and then rings or the talliest rings I can find?

2.what do I need to spend to get a good product ?I see some risers and rings and combos in the Shot gun news for as little as 20 dollars and then there's some makers selling the exact same type of mount for 150 dollars what's the diff?
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownell may have what you need...Try this link.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=8722&title=FLAT+TOP+SCOPE+MOUNT
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
2.what do I need to spend to get a good product ?I see some risers and rings and combos in the Shot gun news for as little as 20 dollars and then there's some makers selling the exact same type of mount for 150 dollars what's the diff?

The diff is that one is made from high quality materials to very tight tolerances and using a very durable finish, and the other is a cheap piece of shit  made in China from pot metal and with a finish that won't survive it's first contact with a liquid.  You get what you pay for.

Think of it like you would cars.

"what do I need to spend to get a good product?  I see some Hyunadais with fancy spoiler for as little as 20,000 dollars and theres there's some Ferrari dealers selling cars with the exact same type of spoiler for 150,000 dollars what's the diff?"

As a bottom line, RRA makes a nice 1 piece mount that you can find new for under $50 from dealers in the Equipment Exchange forums.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
So I can use the Rock River Riser/ring unit as a bottom line . will this allow me all the accuarcy of the higher priced mounts?
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So I can use the Rock River Riser/ring unit as a bottom line . will this allow me all the accuarcy of the higher priced mounts?

Yes, you can........but, if I was going the one piece route..........ARMALITE.

Now, this is what I would do:
www.sawlesales.com
They have the
SA09090 ***CLEARANCE***   G.G. & G., STANDARD RAIL 35.00
They did have the Scout Rail on clearance for @ $50......I bought both a few months back.

Then go find some Loopy QRW Medium matte rings for @ $50

This leaves the rail on the upper and you can change out different optics that have rings very easily.

Dave S
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
In order to achieve proper eye relief I went with

1.A Bushmaster riser and a Bushmaster extended riser together they will allow me to mount the scope forward enough to get a good weld.

2. Rings I have been advised by a friend who is a counter sniper L.E.O to go with a simple pair of Leupold Rifleman rings. He stated that under the light recoil of a heavy barreled AR the Leupod rifleman rings will do fine. I was told to go with the vertical split rings because they are straighter than the side split. Why Are the vertical rings straighter?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have that rifle and this Armalite mount works perfectly for my needs.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#7]
If interested, I have a set of high Leupold PRW rings and an ARMS 19 that they would mount nicely on....  I have tried this set up on my flat-top and I was able to fit a KAC 600m under the scope nicely.  I'm selling the $19 on the EE for $120 shippied right now & I'd throw in the rings for $20 extra ($145 shipped for all).  Let me know.  [email protected]

here's a pic:

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top