Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2004 7:58:48 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me the size of front and back flip covers for the Aimpoint.  Our unit recieved Aimpoints with no cover of any kind so we are looking at buying some Butler Creek type covers but not sure of the sizes to order.  
   Also, what the best place to purchase said covers?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Good call, probably should have tried that first...  I'm Air Force, so sometimes you have to point out the obvious.    So I've just talked to them...  Aimpoint will provide them for $24 (both).  Just want to see if anyone knows a better price out there before we commit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the words, BookHound.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
RobUSAF,

I got the front and rear AimPoint covers from MidwayUSA.  The price was about the same for both ($24.00) and they shipped them out the same day.  I got them two days later and they fit my TacPoint perfectly.

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/614964
http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/132990

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
WHAT??
The $350 Aimpoints don't come from the factory with covers?

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Midway has the Aimpoint marked Butler Creek flip ups for about $12 a pop.  I don't know the size, but they fit the 30mm sights, such as my Comp C.

Now, you can measure the outside diameter of your sight, then look up the right size on the Butler Creek chart.  You want both to be the objective, since you probably don't want the red latch thingy like all the BC eye covers have.  BTW, they won't say Aimpoint on them, but they're half the price
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
WHAT??
The $350 Aimpoints don't come from the factory with covers?

Yes, new ones come with covers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Our Govt Issue ones didn't come with covers, but at least came with the killflash.  Oh, and they came with a brand new M4 attached to the mount, so not too bad a deal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 7:02:37 AM EDT
[#10]
The Comp C and the other non "military" ones don't come with covers either.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#11]
If you are issued  PVS-7B or PVS-14 NVGsyou can use the sacrificial lens cover for a see thu cover for the front and just get the rear flip up cover.  That is what we are using so we only have to fip up one cover.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Great idea on the using the sacrificial lenses.  We've got the killflash on there though so I don't know if that's viable for us, but still, I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#13]
The flip-up sizes are; Front-09 Rear-02
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#14]
"Unit" As in Military Unit?

I wouldn't bother with covers.  When you need to use the sight - you need to use it NOW!  Too often people forget and leave the covers on.  While that second or so it takes to flip down the cover might not seem like alot on the practice range - I sure wouldn't want to deal with it on the two way range.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top