Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2004 12:25:27 PM EDT
Ok this is somewhat optic related so I put it in here.

I plan on using some Loctite on the screws for my ARMS #40 and #22M68.  So first of all, is this a good idea?  And secondly, the Loctite I have is a small tube that says "Loctite Thread Locker Blue   Part No. 24200".  Is that the right stuff?  I want to be able to remove the screws if I have to in the future.  

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not just a good idea, it's recommended.  Yes, blue is the right kind.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, good.  I was wondering if it was the right stuff because it said "Medium Strength" on the bottle.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Uncle Mike's Gun Tite, made by Loctite.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ok, good.  I was wondering if it was the right stuff because it said "Medium Strength" on the bottle.

Ideally, you want the "small fastener" version, which is 262 I think.  But I use 242 because we have big bottles of it at work
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ideally, you want the "small fastener" version, which is 262 I think.  But I use 242 because we have big bottles of it at work

Yeah 242 is what I have.  I have never used any before but I assume you just put a light amount on it and not a ton.  Is that right?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#7]
A little dab'll do ya!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I just got done doing them.

At first the Loctite gushed out and I had to dab the screws against a paper towel to remove some of the Loctite.  

I ended up, on average, just having Loctite IN the threads of the screws.  I figured that was the best way to do it.

Thanks for the help guys!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top