Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 4:31:56 AM EDT
I just bought an ACOG NSN and I have a few questions.

1. I didn't get any lens covers with the scope and I thought that they were included. However in the case there was a lens pen. The store owner told me that they've had that paticular scope in the store for about two years now. Did the ACOG NSN used to come with a lens pen instead of the rubber lens covers or do you think they gave me the wrong case?

2. In low light conditions I see a small amber dot. Is this how it's supposed to be, or is the whole reticle supposed to be lit amber?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:58:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The rubber lens covers should have been with the scope.  To see if he gave you the wrong case there should be a warranty card in with the manual and it will have a sticker with a bar code and the serial number of the scope.  If they match up they might have just lost the covers.

With your second question only the center part of the reticle lights up, if you are looking at something close inside your house it will look like a small dot.  Take the scope out side (take it off the rifle first) and look up and down the street at night to get a better idea of how the reticle works.
Matt
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:26:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The bikini cover does come with it, pretty worthless but better than nothing.  The band on one side of it is about to crack, after that I'm getting a ScopeCoat, my TA11 and TA31 came with it, much better and durable.
The TA01NSN is only center lit.  TA01 is full line lit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#3]
2.  You should see just the center crosshair down to the 300m cross hair lit... Not a dot. Same with horizontal line, only small area near the center is lit.  You can send it back to Trijicon to get complete red reticle lit for $250 more.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
If you call Trijicon direct I bet they'll send you the scope cover. I called them re: not getting a polarizing filter with a reflex sight I bought several years ago and they not only shipped me a filter but a ball cap and letter of apology.

I thought that was really nice and above and beyond making up for a misplaced item in the box.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok checked the serial number sticker on the case and it is the wrong case. Thanks for the help on that one.

I'm still confused on the Illuminated reticle though. Everyone seems to be saying different things. I only see an amber dot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#6]
You got screwed.  Take it back.

Seriously, Brownells sells the lens covers for a few bucks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a link to the cover.    Brownells part # 892-801-052, ACOG Bikini Cover   $14.00

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=13172&title=AR-15%2fM16+ACOG+SCOPES
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok I got the right box with bikini covers from the store. back to the subject about the illuminated reticle...
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#9]
It's a acrobat file of ACOG(s).  Scroll down till you see the different illuminated reticles.

http://www.venatio.se/dynamaster/file_archive/040113/08dcc695e1c4e199cfce97a627761643/TrijiconACOG.Vsign.pdf
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#10]
The reticle is illuminated at the crosshair junction and not much else.  It appears as a dot at 1st glance.
When I focussed on my reticle, I could make out slightly its not a dot bu the hairs themselves.  It does appear as not much more than a dot though.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the help. I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one that thinks it appears as a dot even though the center reticle is what's actually illuminated. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top