Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2004 6:19:46 PM EDT
This almost makes sense to me, but my gut says that there must be some type of flaw in my logic.  My Aimpoint CompM2 is zero'd at 100 yds and I need to zero my BUIS.  Is it enough to zero them to the Aimpoint dot, or is this just a good starting point for zero.  I know I need to shoot the BUIS to make sure, but say you broke a BUIS in the field and put a new one on - would you trust this zero method?

Just looking for opinions, clarification or for someone to shoot holes in my theory (pun intended, I guess).
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I  see your  logic, that being said, I sighted in my aimpoint in by  looking through my iron sights.
Both, cowitness beautifully,  and  hit  point of aim.
The way  you mention,should do the  same,but  you might have to make  final adjustments during live fire.

TG

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto Troys' comment, IBZ 50 yard zero is better than what your set at now......, read here: groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/zeroingmethods.msnw

Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top