Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2004 4:19:24 PM EDT
I'm looking for pics of compact ACOGs mounted to the flattop.  If you could pleasse advise the mount and ACOG model, I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
TA44R-2 mounted with a TA-60 mount.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:28:48 AM EDT
[#3]
And now for something different.

TA24R-4 special ring model on the high mount.

Currently it's on an M4gery with a KAC RAS II and I have it mounted on the bridge/hump of the RAS using the medium mount, looks a little less dorky.  It makes it the the same height as you see it now with that combo. The mounts are solid and tough.  Using the low mount I have, it works great on a bolt rifle or something like a mini-14 (I'm just saying!)
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And now for something different.

TA24R-4 special ring model on the high mount.
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=17021

Currently it's on an M4gery with a KAC RAS II and I have it mounted on the bridge/hump of the RAS using the medium mount, looks a little less dorky.  It makes it the the same height as you see it now with that combo. The mounts are solid and tough.  Using the low mount I have, it works great on a bolt rifle or something like a mini-14 (I'm just saying!)

I demand pics!   I want to see the one with the compact on the RASII bridge!  What mag is that one, the TA24-R4.  I know that the R4 is red cross hairs, but is it the 1.5x16 model that you talk about sometimes?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The Pic.

The Rub.

The TA24R-4 is the 1.5x24 with red crosshairs, special ring version.  I chose the 1.5x24 over the 1.5x16 because while I lose some field of view, I gain over an inch in eye relief.  As a result, I can mount it really far forward and I don't even NTCH.  Low power so I can use it quickly, almost like a red dot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is mine...

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Pic.

www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/is.php?i=165327&img=M4gery_with_compact_ACOG.jpg

The Rub.

The TA24R-4 is the 1.5x24 with red crosshairs, special ring version.  I chose the 1.5x24 over the 1.5x16 because while I lose some field of view, I gain over an inch in eye relief.  As a result, I can mount it really far forward and I don't even NTCH.  Low power so I can use it quickly, almost like a red dot.

That is kind of neat.  I wonder if a person could mount a TA60 on the RAS II bridge?  Someone can get some measurements together?

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top