Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 2:18:54 PM EDT
Well guys, I think I have settled on the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5x14 and I would like to know if you good fellas know of any other scopes with the same quality if glass with mil-dots that are in the price range?  I was hoping to get a just a variable 10X (because I don't really need a 14X) but the price is right on the Nikon. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You already know how I feel.  

Let's wait and see how long til the "if it ain't Leupold it's CRAP" crowd comes along and suggests you buy a $1500 scope instead.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
well i you took the words right out of my mouth. a affordable scope that isnt to bad is the super sniper. i am going to buy one later on to try out. but i will not relie on a scope unless its a leupold.

cory
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]

a affordable scope that isnt to bad is the super sniper. i am going to buy one later on to try out. but i will not relie on a scope unless its a leupold.

You mean you haven't tried it out yet, and you're already calling it "not too bad" but the Leupold is better?

I have actually owned a Super Sniper, and it's a darned bright, clear piece of glass.  It's also big and heavy, so I didn't keep it.  

I have looked through Leupolds, and though they are bright, and clear, The one and only ACOG I ever looked through was brighter and clearer still.  They're another excellent quality option, but they're not the only game in town.

I've been eying the Nikon with the green or red illuminated reticles myself...  May have to try it out in the not too near future.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#4]
no, only heard really good things about them. but im still going to test one, see if it fits "my needs" LOL. but there is no way the super sniper compares to leupold, ive shot a couple of them, but never spent any time with it.

cory
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
no, only heard really good things about them. but im still going to test one, see if it fits "my needs" LOL. but there is no way the super sniper compares to leupold, ive shot a couple of them, but never spent any time with it.

cory
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a new Buckmaster 4.5x14x40, and also a used SS 10x42.  The Nikon noticeably clearer and brighter,  to me.  It's not that the SS is bad, though.  But since Midway has the Buckmaster for $237 dealer, the choice of which to get for me is pretty clear.  I'm most likely gonna pick up one of the mil dot Buckmaster in the next few months.  

I've got the SS on my DPMS .308, so it's size actually kinda fits the rifle, but DAMN those turrets are big on that thing.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top