Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2004 2:10:29 PM EDT
Has anyone installed one of these on their AR carbine?  Thoughts, opinions, likes, dislikes?  I will either go with the ARMS #39 gooseneck or one of these on a 9mm carbine.  Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I installed one on my Bushmaster 16" HBAR, Aimpoint M2 in #22M68.   It went on easy, but the handguard cap was rubbing on the front section of the SIR.  Fixed it with a hammer and punch.  Not the best way to fix the problem, but it works.  I guess you could call it a field installation.  I used to use the #39A2 with my aimpoint, but I really like the #51.   Just more room to put stuff on my rifle to make it heavier.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I also had a problem with my #51, it would go to the right when I tightened the forward carry handle crossbar.

I ended up relieving the inner edge of the left front and slightly bending in the left edge of the handguard cap.  Here's a view looking down at the top, it's the left side:

And looking up at the bottom, it's the right side:

It's now solid and works great.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input guys.  And "Chris", thanks for the pics that made your minor modification/adjustments so perfectly clear!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top