Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2004 3:34:47 AM EDT
Seeing how the new "must have" item is the SPR clone rifles and just about everybody loves the ACOG's why not make one for the SPR?  I would say 6x or maybe even 8x.  Make it the size of the TA11 but with the TAO1 crosshairs and red illumination.  Non BAC.  And maybe throw in the NSN option with the back up irons on top.  The longer sight radius would help them and you could still use the specwargear.com Optima/Dr. mount.  I think they would sell alot of these.  Instead of paying $850 for a Leupold MR/T M3 that has more stuff exposed that can brake than an ACOG and with the ACOG being fixed power you wouldn't have to jack with that.  Also, the crosshairs are tritium and not battery powered so theres another plus.  Any Trijicon insiders on this board think this would ever be possible?  What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Since the 5.5x TA55 retails for about $1,400.00 bucks, the mind boggles thinking what Trijicon would think is a 'fair' price for a 6x or 8x...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:44:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you seen the size of the 5.5? An 8x would be the size of your rifle -Justin
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:00:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Have you seen the size of the 5.5? An 8x would be the size of your rifle -Justin

Really!

Trijicon all ready has a scope for the SPR you desire.  It is the Accupoint 3-9X40.  Tritium, fiber optic reticle and BAC.  Generous eye relief, compact and light weight.  Definitely not up to military std as of now, but  with the right mod to its base design, this would be the ultimate SPR scope, IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Well there's always the Accupoint.  It lacks the sex appeal of the ACOGs but it almost does the same thing except it's a variable power.  No BDC though.

Or maybe someone could come up with a 2x attachment that goes in front of the TA01 series (putting it in the back would blow up the reticle).  But judging by that most 2x attachments, even made by well known companies (US Optics for instance) don't work very well, I won't hold my breath for one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:22:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

He heh...

The TA55 looks like a TA11 with a coffee can strapped to the front, so I can't imagine how big/heavy/expensive a 8x ACOG would be.

I'm using a TA11 (after ditching my LR/T M3) on my MK12 Mod0 clone and I'm pretty happy with the setup.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh yeah I completely fogot about that thing.  I think it was Lumpy that said no need for back up sights just get a quick throw lever and use it as a club.  I also thought it was more than 5.5x so yeah a 6x or 8x would be way to big.  Oh well I thought I had a good idea.  Maybe I'll just get a TAO1.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:44:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Seeing how the new "must have" item is the SPR clone rifles and just about everybody loves the ACOG's why not make one for the SPR?  I would say 6x or maybe even 8x.  Make it the size of the TA11 but with the TAO1 crosshairs and red illumination.  Non BAC.  And maybe throw in the NSN option with the back up irons on top.  The longer sight radius would help them and you could still use the specwargear.com Optima/Dr. mount.  I think they would sell alot of these.  Instead of paying $850 for a Leupold MR/T M3 that has more stuff exposed that can brake than an ACOG and with the ACOG being fixed power you wouldn't have to jack with that.  Also, the crosshairs are tritium and not battery powered so theres another plus.  Any Trijicon insiders on this board think this would ever be possible?  What do you guys think?

NSW specs their Recon rifle ( 16" barrel accurized AR) with an ACOG.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top