Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2004 6:17:23 PM EDT
I have zero experience with EOTechs.  Will they mount directly to a Weaver/1913-type rail.  I have not seen a Weaver adapter, so I make this assumption.  Can anyone inform me of this?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've read from others here that the EOTechs will mount to the mil spec weaver rails right out of the box.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:42:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There is no such thing as a "mil-spec WEAVER rail".  Weaver rails don't have exact specs.  As Forest once stated, the Weaver rail is more of a "concept" than a "standard."  Thus, ARMS and the US military developed a standardized version of the Weaver concept, which was adopted as Mil-Standard 1913, aka the Picatinny Rail.  Finally, we had a standard, and products that meet the standard can be moved from one gun/mount to another.  The EOTech was designed to fit on the 1913 rail, like just about everything else made today, but it may not fit on many Weaver mounts.  For example, I have a Weaver-brand mount on my Marlin Camp 45, and it would require new cross-slots to be machined onto it in order for an EOTech to mount properly.  This is due to the mount being non-standard, not the EOTech.

-Troy

This is my understanding of the subject.  If you would put this together with my confusion from

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=188468&page=1

you may appreciate some of my confusion about mounting issues.

Advice from any and all is appreciated.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top