Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2004 6:17:29 PM EDT
Well, I finally did it.  I went into a local shop looking for a Leupold spotting scope walked out an hour later with a brand new TA31F.  I asked the guy in the store if he had any Leupold Wind River spotting scopes, he didn't, so just for the heck of it I asked if he had any ACOGs.  Well those he has, I'm thinking he would have some compact ACOGs or a basic TA01, but no, the first one he pulls out is a 31F.  Crap, what to do?  Did I want to spend that much?  NO, yes, no, yes, all the way back to my house to grab some more cash.  Final answer, HELL YEAH!!!  Well, now it sits atop my BM A4gery, well, almost, just waiting for a response about a Daniel Defense 12.0 FF rail.
Well, if the weather is nice tomorrow, off to zero it in.  Man, I haven't felt this good a long time.

Thanks for letting me gloat,
Jimmy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!  You'll love it.

Mind if I ask what you had to pay?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Phobia,

YOU SUCK!

Yes, please tell us how much it was...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I didn't get a bargain, paid 1150, but got a few boxes of ammo free.  I saw a TA31A on Ebay the other day, it went fast for 900.  I figured I might as well pay for it now instead of waiting a year and hoping the prices go down.  Now I'll have to get an A.R.M.S.#19, the short one for the ACOG.  
Question?  Do I need to locktite the screws on the mount that came with it?  
I used to own a TA01 but I had to sell it a few years ago to pay some COBRA payments, never again, this baby is staying with me a long time.
Thanks for the positive thoughts, even the "I suck" one, lol.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, given the way the TA31 market looks today that price is about average.  

I used very little loc-tite on my ARMS 19S.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, $1150 avg price for an ACOG!!! Not mocking ya...it's just jeez, I remember dropping $600 for my TA01NSN several years ago (and whincing whilst doing so). I am sure Mr. Bindon is smiling, where ever he is......
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
The NSNs always go for a good bit less than the TA series.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#7]
All ACOG's seem to be getting scarce.  The retail prices on the TA01NSN are climbing but they are not a desirable as the TA31.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:42:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Scary thing is that I still need to buy a spotting scope, lol.  Then I think I'm done for awhile, at least until June.

Jimmy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:24:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats the price you will likely pay walking into a retail shop. While you know you may have been able to get a better deal online somwhere, you should also know you didnt get ripped off. Excellent scope! You will absolutely love it! I havent used locktite on my flat top mounts and never had a problem.

PS, I still need a spotting scope too
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, just got it zeroed, man it's sweet.  I zeroed it using the tip of the chevron, is this the recomended method?  Also found out my rifle doesn't really care for the BH 68gr ammo, XM193 produced way better groups.  Hopefully next week I'll get my order from GPSS and test all the other offerings.
Thanks again,
Jimmy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, now it sits atop my BM A4gery, well, almost, just waiting for a response about a Daniel Defense 12.0 FF rail.

It should look something like this when you're done:

[url snipped]

-Troy

Hmmm...so...you can put an ACOG directly onto the upper.  I'm building a flattop 20" HBAR and cringed at the thought of having to lay out another $300+ for a rifle-length rail to mount the ACOG.

<sigh> Not to hijack this thread, but:

I'm trying to figure out what the best arrangement would be for my optics.  I've got 2 16" M4s and a 20" HBAR under construction.  I have, or more accurately will soon have, an Eotech Rev F, an Aimpoint ML2, and a TA31A.  I thought I'd put the Aimpoint & the Eotech on the carbines & the ACOG on the 20".  Would I be better off with another arrangement?  Any thoughts?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top