Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 3:09:45 PM EDT
How much is the rail height raised when using the ARMS rails, such as the S.I.R. or anything from the #38 series of mounts?  Also, what are the heights for the various ARMS #22 rings (low, med, and high)?

I'm looking into the US Optics "Posi-Lock and Slide" mount, which is about 1.2" high, but that mount seems to be designed for the SR-25/AR-10.  Would it be better to mount kind of low on a bare flot-top or kind of high on the ARMS rail?

Thanks for any input!
-Randy
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright, I got the heights for the #22 rings... Still looking for some more input.

Is it better to mount optics in 1.2" rings on the bare flat-top or on a ARMS #38 rail or SIR system?

Anyone?

Thanks again,
Randy
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Troy, seriously, I have probably read every post that you have on the site and think that you are one of the most informed people out there.  I also know about the 1.4" optimum height for the AR-15 and the 1.25" optimum height for the SR-25, due to differences in the stock comb height in relation to the upper receiver rail height.  (I've also read every one of Wes's posts, including the one on mounting a scope on a flat-top AR.)

My question is about the height of the ARMS #38 rails and SIR systems above the flat-top.  I need to know these heights to find rings that will get me close to the 1.4" combined height when I add rings to the top of them.

Thanks again!
-Randy
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top