Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 7:09:27 AM EDT
Can anyone post pictures of your rifles set up for night vision.  I want to set up my rifle with a USNV-14 in conjunction with a revolving setup of an Aimpoint M2 on a GG&G cantilever and a ACOG TAO1NSN.  Does anyone have anything similar to this setup and is there any reason that this would not work.  My plan is to switch between the magnified optics and the "hot dot".  I would like to see peoples setups to see what everyone is running these days.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine will be ready next week
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
, and there are IR lasers available.  
-Troy

Source?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I've always read that about the ACOG's as well. However in the Trijicon manual that accompanies the NSN model it states

"The center area of the crosshair pattern is illuminated in low light or complete darkness. It glows amber at night from the power of a t ritium lamp that lasts for at least ten years before replacement  is needed. This amber illumination is compatible with night vision devices. It will not "burn" the tubes because the amber glow is beyond the infrared wavelengths at which the night vision devices are oversensitive."

Still, when I use the PVS 14 with the ACOG I place it in front of it. I've tried it the other way and the bloom effect is still there at least somewhat.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Can't help with the ACOG setup, but I love it with the amipoint.
For the aimpoint, I used the ARMS M68 mount on the Hump of the KAC RAS II
For the PVS14, I have the PRI PVS14 mount, slightly modified to work with a KAC 300m rear sight(smallest rear sight I could find)

http://www.hunt101.com/img/150679.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/img/150680-big.jpg
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Like JimCrowell I too run the KAC 300 meter BUIS.

This is an old picture of mine, not exactly in the same config anymore but it does show you the PVS 14 with an ACOG

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#8]
234747:

The configuration doesn't do bad. Though clarity isn't quite as good as when you look directly through the PVS.  To me it kind of feels like degenarating a generation.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top