Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 8:27:00 PM EDT
I've been looking around for a decent scope with illumination to slap on my AR flat-top for armadillos at 3:am.  So far the only ones even in the running are the IOR M2 and the phantom ACOG.  (which doesn't matter, because it would take me at least 25 weeks to save up the rest of the money!)

So it just occurred to me that, for the $300 minimum for the scope, plus another $100 for mounts, and then $150 or more for a good light I could just get a decent night vision scope...

Is there a good quality NVS in the $300 - $400ish range?  I've seen all the "ANPVS-X2000" answers before, and I just NEVER will have $7000 to spend on night vision.

I see ATN models on e-bay for that price, but I wasn't too impressed with their day scopes.  Any good brands to look for?  Any really bad ones to look out for?

Thanks for your time
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Save your $

Unless you get 3rd gen you really are still blind.  The non-milspec 3rd gen are 2K ish IIRC and not to bad unless one is doing entries in the dark etc. and needs variable gain.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top