Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone know where its at?

I miss search...

I miss search to .
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
And we can't set it to show threads past a week, or so, right???

I would love to have a link to my review of the LaRue mount.  Many people have asked for it..
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
mcgrubbs:

Here's your thread/review about the LaRue Aimpoint mount:  LINK

And yes, I miss the Search feature as well.

Quick tangent question for you folks:
Are M16 carriers legal or not to have/use in non-Class III guns?  I keep getting conflicting answers and with the search feature non-active I'm having a hard time getting a solid answer.

Thanks!  :)
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:05:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
mcgrubbs:

Here's your thread/review about the LaRue Aimpoint mount:  LINK

And yes, I miss the Search feature as well.

Quick tangent question for you folks:
Are M16 carriers legal or not to have/use in non-Class III guns?  I keep getting conflicting answers and with the search feature non-active I'm having a hard time getting a solid answer.

Thanks!  :)

Thanks for the link bud.  How'd you find it??

Monty
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Monty:  I had bookmarked your thread for future reference.

Troy:  Sorry for having gone off-topic.  I actually didn't even know there was a legal forum.  
I do now, of course!  he
Monty:  Where did you get your LaRue mount from?  Directly from them or a dealer?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:33:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:51:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Where did you get your LaRue mount from? Directly from them or a dealer? Thanks!

As of RIGHT NOW, you have to buy them direct from LaRue Tactical, but very soon you will be able to buy from dealers like me!

C4

www.gandrtactical.com

AHA!!!!  Grant is jumping on the LaRue bandwagon also!!!  COOL!!!

But, yes I did get mine from Mark LaRue himself.  I just talked to Mark a few days ago.  If you can't wait for a dealer, he has them made up.  $115, plus a little S&H.  

If you call Mark, tell him Monty sent you-maybe it will get you a discount.........well it would probably get you a higher price, really!!

Let us know what you think if you get one!

Monty
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I forgot to say Monty sent me, but I bought the short version to put on my RASII bridge.  Once I adjusted it properly, it locked up tight.  Did I say its tension is adjustable?  I like it so far.    
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]
For now I'm just looking into getting the LaRue mount for my Aimpoint in the future; I'm currently using a KAC Straight Mount.

Down the road I'm planning on getting my hands on an ACOG.  I would then "need" (tell my wife this is a legitimate use of the term, OK? have

So Grant is going to become a LaRue dealer, eh?  How interesting!  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I forgot to say Monty sent me, but I bought the short version to put on my RASII bridge.  Once I adjusted it properly, it locked up tight.  Did I say its tension is adjustable?  I like it so far.    

Well dammitt man, how am I going to get my cut?????

Better you didn't anyway......he probably would have charged you more for just knowing me!
The above statement was humorous in nature, and in no way accurately protrays me as being affiliated with, or recieving any money from, LaRue Tactical.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Lumpy,

My review is on the ACOG mount.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Is there any kind of buffer that keeps the throw lever from marring up the upper receiver like the ARMs mounts come with? If not, what would be the advantage of using a Larue mount?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is there any kind of buffer that keeps the throw lever from marring up the upper receiver like the ARMs mounts come with? If not, what would be the advantage of using a Larue mount?

No, there is not a buffer.  Because it is not needed.  if you think you NEED a buffer, give Mark LaRue a call.  He can explain it much better than I.  I have been using his mount for over a month now.  I have mounted and dismounted the mount at least 60 times. No wear and tear.

BTW, I don't know many people who have had to mount/dismount their optic that many times.  It was just done to prove a point, after much conjecture, about the LaRue mount.

Also, another advantage of this mount is that it is ADJUSTABLE for rails from different manufacturers.  I have used the adjustment on my own carbine, as the upper reciever rail and the RASII rail were different.  That is a nice thing to be able to do.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:26:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I see Mark has added the TX outline to his logo.  Very cool!

Nice pics there, Grant!

Monty
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top