Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2004 1:34:30 PM EDT
These are my top two optics and I need to know what it looks like through them if I'm going to decide which one to get.NO gun store by me has either.If possible,have the pics with the sight on the rifle.

Thanks,Tyler
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a huge thread tacked to the top of the page: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=158932
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked cause the thread don't work.pics don't show.So,does anyone have any of those pics?

Thanks,Tyler
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
EOTech

Aimpoint

can't find any pics but they have just a small red dot.  I have both and I don't know which one I like better. Maybe I can say I like the EOTech for close quarters/self defense and Aimpoint for shooting longer distances.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone else?

Thanks,Tyler
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Here you go...

I posted these a while back ago in another thread.

Here's also some simulated long range sight pictures with the EOTech 552 Rev E.  Notice how the front sight tower blurs out.  At least for me it doesn't seem to get in the way at all.

Sight picture at roughly 100 yards.

200 yards.

300 yards.  

Cowitness sight picture with ARMS #40A. Note the reticle is blurry because the camera was focused on the front sight.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Yojimbo!Those pics rock.Now all I need is some aimpoint pics like that...

Thanks,Tyler
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Man those reticle pics are really good, I can feel the dark side pulling on me. Lumpy help! help!

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Man those reticle pics are really good, I can feel the dark side pulling on me. Lumpy help! help!

Fight EOphobia!  Get a EOTech 552 (or 512) and never look back!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Those are some damn good pics!! I know I was shooting some 300-meter steel E-types over the weekend and that pic of the 300-m simulation is pretty much right on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks Yojimbo!Those pics rock.Now all I need is some aimpoint pics like that...

Thanks,Tyler

You ain't gonna get nothin like that through an Aimpoint!
I have both and EOTech is my favorite. I sold my older comp XD or whatever it was called and was useing my EOTech exclusively on my M4 but recently ordered another Aimpoint for my A4 (got the ML2 this time) and when I opened the box and looked through the site, I could have sworn it was smaller than my older one. It is obviously not but I was just used to looking through the EOTech that I forgot what it looked like through the Aimpoint.
The Aimpoint is fine, but its just that the EOTech is that much better.

MASTER BLASTER

Join Army Special Forces! Ask me how.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Here are a few that I saved for my archives -

PIC1

PIC2

PIC3

PIC4 (Leupold CQ/T)
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Why is that dot on the aimpoint so high?I though it was supposed to be on top of the front sight!?Nice pics by the way and thanks.

Thanks,Tyler
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why is that dot on the aimpoint so high?

Angle of the camera

I though it was supposed to be on top of the front sight!?

Depends on your head/eye position.  As long as you can see the dot you're good to go.  Put dot on target and fire.

The dot would sit on top of the front sight IF you were looking through the iron sights.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top