Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2004 7:39:28 PM EDT
Okay, I have decided against a Kobra.  What do you guys think about the Hakko BED-24 or BED-35?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I've wondered the same thing
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a Kobra and have looked at several Hakko models at a the gun shows.  For an AK, the Kobra is the way to go, they slide right on the scope rail.  On an AR flat top or carry handle, the Kobra is way too high.

If I were to get a red dot for my AR, I would consider a Hakko.  The glass isn't too tinted (important when shooting against green grass), the batteries are cheap and it allows good both eyes open field of view.  Unlike the BSA or Tasco tube like red dots, the Hakko seemed very natural to point a shoot with both eyes open out to 100 yds or so.  The price was right too, about $110 for the smaller, multi-reticle model.

So much for my 2 cents.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top