Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/27/2004 3:08:46 PM EDT
Does anyone have a pic of an eotech on a 20" flat-top?  Does anyone have an opinion on this set-up?  I just want a good dot for plinking.  The range where I shoot has weird lighting and the rear sight gives of a lot of glare.  Makes it hard to see if front post is centered.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps something like this:

Link Posted: 4/27/2004 7:57:15 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks great, how do you like it?  Range report?
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a question, does the front sight interfere with the eotech at all?
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 1:55:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have probelms with unmagnified optics and front sight post.  You are suppose to look past it and at the target.

For some reason, when I use magnfied optics such as ACOG, the front sight appears blurry and bothers me even though I am trying to focus past it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 4:59:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Range report?  It shoots - once I got it sighted in, the bullets go where the dot is.

You don't notice the front sight, unless you are forcing yourself to be aware of it.  Once you start target indexing on different pop bottles out at 50-75 yrds you quickly find other things for your brain to work on.

cheers!
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is mine, w/ daughter in pic

www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=857707  

no problems w/ fron sight/rear sight or co-witnessing

edited to add : Blame Hawkeye for the paint job LOL
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#7]
for a quick reaction rifle, you want the front sight in the optic window.  the front sight plus optic window will act as a ghost ring if the sight fails. I have made torso shots out to 25 yards effectly using this method.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

dear god man, don't let the libs see THAT picture!! Shouldn't she really have a carbine with an entry stock, though?
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dear god man, don't let the libs see THAT picture!! Shouldn't she really have a carbine with an entry stock, though?

Christmas is just around the corner
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
For some reason, when I use magnfied optics such as ACOG, the front sight appears blurry and bothers me even though I am trying to focus past it.

I noticed that too.  It's less apparent with a 16" though.  I think the closer the sight is the easier it is for the scope to "look around" it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#11]
shes learning fast, no finger on the trigger !
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don't think she could even reach the trigger holding it like that!
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Nope, she knows that the finger never goes on the trigger until on daddy approved target. She does need help holding it though. She really digs shooting so I use it as a responsibility teaching tool w/ shooting as a reward & she responds very well. I think it's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Will the iron sights from either a fixed or detachable carry handle co witness with an Eotech and a standard front sight post?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top